Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Better than I ever could imagine...

My best friend was in town with her husband this weekend, so the four of us went to The Winery at Olney (Olney, MD) for a tasting.  We were having a blast with our tasting of 5 wines each, and then the waiter said that they had a new wine and would we like to be guinea pigs.  So (twist my arm...) of course we all said yes.  He wouldn't’t tell us what it was until after we all had a taste.  So, after tasting (and loving!) it, my (then) boyfriend asked what it was and he brought over the bottle and slowly turned it around.  The label was newly created and there read “Dana, Will You Marry Me?”.  By the time I read it and it registered what I just saw, I looked to Mike and he was already down on one knee!  The entire place just erupted.  Lucky for us, Mike had given his phone to someone who worked at the winery earlier in the day and it was all caught on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA4Atd3ECIU  -  There's a bunch of talking in the first 45 seconds - 1 minute... but then it gets good. ;)

As if THAT all wasn’t enough (I mean, I’m ENGAGED to the love of my life, after all!), once we posted the video on Facebook for our family and friends to see – a friend of a friend stumbled across it, and loved it.  That friend was a reporter for our local news channel.

By Monday morning we were being interviewed in our home and the story was aired on the 5 o’clock and 10 o’clock news.  http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24066881/a-maryland-man-has-raised-the-bar-for-anybody-thinking-of-proposing#axzz2lhYHWTO1.

I always wanted my boyfriend to ask my father’s permission, design the ring himself and completely surprise me.  I got all of that and so much more.  I will never forget this weekend and the days that followed.  I feel so blessed to have found the man who will undoubtedly do absolutely anything me make me happy.

Re: Better than I ever could imagine...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards