Not Engaged Yet

Finally Friday!!!!

I'm so glad this week is over, it was dragging ass! I think the only thing that kept me going was everyone on here, so thanks for that!

What's everyone's plans for this weekend? Anything exciting?

Today I get out of work at 2 and have to wait for the furnace service tech to show up. Once he's done, I'll go get a manicure, then go to Target for Christmas cards, a new tree skirt and wrapping paper. I have to go to Michael's too for sewing needles, I knitted probably the cutest, warmest and fastest project ever a few weeks ago, and it's taking me FOREVER to finish.

Tomorrow I'm getting a bikini wax and my hair done, then BF and I are going to a new bar down the street from us for some drinks, then sushi and then going to see Catching Fire! I'm excited to get out of the house for a little bit!

Sunday I'm going to my local outlet mall to finish up my Christmas shopping. I'll put up the Christmas tree and wrap some gifts to put under it. Oh and football too.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Finally Friday!!!!

• This weekend I get to see Wicked again!!  So excited!  Other than that, just the normal stuff - sleep, laundry, clean up around the house, grocery shopping.  I was hoping my e-ring would come in, but either FI hasn't told me it's come in or it really hasn't come in yet.

Anniversary
  • This weekend I get to see Wicked again!!  So excited!  Other than that, just the normal stuff - sleep, laundry, clean up around the house, grocery shopping.  I was hoping my e-ring would come in, but either FI hasn't told me it's come in or it really hasn't come in yet.

UGH laundry! Forgot about that too! Thanks a lot for reminding me!

I haven't seen Wicked yet, after seeing the shit-show that was Sound of Music last night, I don't want to see any musicals for a while unless they're getting stellar reviews. My mom and I are making plans to go to a few shows in February. She lives in the Catskills and can take a bus right to the Port Authority and I can take the train in from where I am. She's nervous about traveling alone, but it's only NYC, no biggie.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Happy Friday! This week felt like it would never end.

Tonight, I really desperately need to get my nails done. I have 7.5 painted fingers right now. Then H and I have a Devils game. 

Tomorrow, H has to work and I'll probably clean the apartment and I might decide to wrap some gifts. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling, though. When he gets home we're going to get our Christmas tree! I also want to put a simmer pot on the stove while we're decorating. I'm starting to feel the holiday spirit! 

Sunday is football. The Eagles play the Lions at 1 and I'll be at the bar cheering fanatically for my boys. Then there will food shopping for the week and Homeland. 

• @swazzle my nails aren't that bad, they just grow really fast. I'm surprised since there is really only one small chip in my one nail and I had a gel manicure two weeks ago. I could stretch it another week but this whole growing out thing looks horrible.

I really want to get a live tree next year, we'll see what happens. What do you put in your simmer pot?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I don't know how I survived this week but YAY WEEKEND!

This afternoon is my work team's Christmas Lunch. Because the VP of our department is awesome, she lets us leave after lunch and gives us a "coupon" for an extra vacation day. Going to go home early, take a nap (my favorite thing on a rainy day like today), then get dressed up for dinner with BF.

Tomorrow I'm going to a Christmas Morning party with girls from church. Need to bring some unique type of breakfast food - suggestions??

Then I'm going to my neighborhood's tour of homes. Since I live in a little one bedroom apartment, I love checking out all the big, lovely houses. I should probably do some Christmas shopping this weekend, but I just can't handle that right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita these are my two go-to recipes. The french toast casserole, if you want to make, you have to start it today and I don't add nuts to mine. The other one I either use Canadian bacon or sausage patties. It tastes just like an egg mcmuffin! This one you have to let sit overnight too, and it tastes good with maple syrup.

http://alskamom.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/overnight-french-toast/

http://www.marthastewart.com/342483/canadian-bacon-strata

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
    Wicked is my FAVORITE Broadway show. LOVE! Have a great time!

• @buddysmom80 those look AMAZING, thanks!

@Amapola14 it'll go faster if you do it like this:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Tonight H and I are gonna start Christmas shopping and go out to dinner (!!!!). We'll also pick up our stuff for a 5k we're running on Sunday.
    Tomorrow we'll put up the tree and clean like crazies, because Sunday we've invited family over for dinner.

Grocery shopping is also on the to-do list.

I'm happy to share that today is a washed hair day. I freaking love clean hair days these days. More about my hair, I'm thinking of letting it grow and grow. Other than @CocoBellaF--who has the title for longest time without a haircut--has anyone else gone without cutting their hair for awhile? The 20th of this month will be 6 months for me.
  • Almost everyone has fun weekend plans!

@buddysmom80 those recipes sound yummy, I'll have to try them sometime.

I do not have any real plans for this weekend except that I may work tomorrow for some overtime. I have been with my company for 9 years and this is the 1st time it has been offered so I'm trying to take advantage of it for as long as this project lasts.

Things I should do this weekend: Laundry- lot's of it, clean the apartment, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, buying/mailing/sending Christmas cards, and getting a Christmas tree.

We have my BF's 2 kids on Sunday so there will be some kid related activity going on. Maybe we can get the tree Saturday and they can decorate it with us on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

• @tuarceatha I've been trimming my hair for the past two years, but no major cuts. Tomorrow I might take about 5" off just to get some nice layers put in again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 5! Your hair is gorgeous and long.

I just remembered that last night I had a dream about cutting my own hair to a bob of sorts. It didn't look cute on me.
  • @buddysmom80 - I'm going to do cinammon sticks, orange peel, lemon peel, bay leaves, and cloves! 

That overnight french toast sounds amazing and I am totally making that on Christmas morning. 

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    This weekend I get to see Wicked again!!  So excited!  Other than that, just the normal stuff - sleep, laundry, clean up around the house, grocery shopping.  I was hoping my e-ring would come in, but either FI hasn't told me it's come in or it really hasn't come in yet.

UGH laundry! Forgot about that too! Thanks a lot for reminding me!

I haven't seen Wicked yet, after seeing the shit-show that was Sound of Music last night, I don't want to see any musicals for a while unless they're getting stellar reviews. My mom and I are making plans to go to a few shows in February. She lives in the Catskills and can take a bus right to the Port Authority and I can take the train in from where I am. She's nervous about traveling alone, but it's only NYC, no biggie.

Bwahahaha. That's like saying 'we're going hiking, but it's only Mt. Everest, no biggie.' :)

@tuarceatha - Yay for your 5k, you hadn't mentioned it! I used to regularly go 8-12 months without cutting my hair. Probably not the healthiest. I'm sad that my hair doesn't grow very long. I wish I could let it grow and grow, but it stops a little past my shoulders now :( My hairdresser told me the hair on your head is like your eyebrows. It has a length past which it won't grow, unfortunately mine isn't very long.

This weekend:
    Tonight, I'm playing some of this:

Tomorrow, I'm course marshalling one of these (not that many people... and mostly elementary girls):

Then I need to do some of this:

And then some of this:

Sunday, we're doing a tour of places like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Also, does anyone here hate wrapping Christmas gifts? I LOVE giving gifts, but I hate wrapping them and my mom does not allow gift bags under the tree, so it's just out of habit now. My BF is amazing at it so I usually bribe him with cookies and sex to wrap my parent's gifts. I should take a picture of a gift I wrapped and a gift he wrapped so you can see the difference.

@tuarceatha thanks for the compliment, it's even longer now since I last saw you, I can't even use a curling iron to get it to look nice if I'm going out. So I either blow dry it out now or flat iron it.

@cu97tiger I think my mom made the same statement. I told her the bus goes right to the Port Authority and I'll pick her up. Knowing her though, she'll make friends with people on the bus and go do her own thing!

@swazzle the french toast casserole is so good, I've made it once, but I might make it for Christmas morning even though I'll be the only one eating it. Tis the season for gluttony!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - Um, if Mama Buddy is visiting town, I better be invited for drinks! 

• Happy Friday everyone! This week flew by for me.  I am glad it's the weekend I'm pretty tired can't wait to sleep in a bit. Either tonight or tomorrow night FI & I are finally going to see Catching Fire.  The rest of the weekend will be relaxing some reading and not much else.  On Sunday night I have rehearsal for A Christmas Carol that opens next week.  I look forward to being a bum and relaxing and reading most of the weekend.  I hope it doesn't snow on Sunday, I'm not ready for that yet.

Anniversary

• @swazzle I don't know if you could handle both of us! My mom and I are the same person, just 34 years apart. She doesn't drink as much as I do, so that could help me out getting back home, since the last time I got home was so epic.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - That sounds fantastic. Maybe you'll arrive at home with your boots ON your feet this time! 

• @cu97tiger Yea! I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving too. 

@buddysmom80 I haaate picking out gifts. I'll wrap them until my fingers bleed if it means I don't have to search and decide on what to give. Worst person ever.

• @swazzle I could only imagine 1) how/where I took them off and 2) how I must've looked like a hot mess. I don't know how BF puts up with me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cu97tiger Re: Hair length. That is crazy interesting. Now I want to know my hair length. Currently, my hair is at the length where it starts to drive me batty. Mostly because it is annoying when it gets stuck in my shirts as I put them on. I think it'd be hard to commit to this wash less often thing if it were much shorter though. I need to be able to throw it into a pony tail. I have a large head.
  • @tuarceatha I'll trade with you any day. I love shopping for gifts, especially if someone is hard to shop for or ask for a hard-to-find gift.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @tuarceatha I'll trade with you any day. I love shopping for gifts, especially if someone is hard to shop for or ask for a hard-to-find gift.
    Can I send you my list? Maybe next year, in like October.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013

Tonight, FI and I are going to Benihana's for my birthday!! Then possibly getting some froyo afterwards,

Saturday afternoon if we don't get 8 inches of snow like we're suppose to, we are looking at our first possible venue for our wedding!!  After that, we are driving up to see my parents and sister who are taking me out to eat for my birthday.

Sunday is lazy day. I dont think we have anything planned. I kinda hope we don't have anything planned.
    Anniversary

Only if I can send you gifts to wrap!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown

Only if I can send you gifts to wrap!
    Yes!
  • I, too, hate wrapping gifts. HATE. 

I think my hair length is where it was right before I chopped it all off a few weeks ago. It had been stuck there for quite a while. 

• @cu97tiger Re: Hair length. That is crazy interesting. Now I want to know my hair length. Currently, my hair is at the length where it starts to drive me batty. Mostly because it is annoying when it gets stuck in my shirts as I put them on. I think it'd be hard to commit to this wash less often thing if it were much shorter though. I need to be able to throw it into a pony tail. I have a large head.
    This made me laugh :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards