Minnesota

Tartan Park and Prom Center Catering Question!

Does anyone have any advice, dislikes, or likes about Tartan Park? Also, they cater through the Prom Center (which also caters many other locations). Has anyone ever attended or as a bride experienced the food or service? Thanks for any help! :)

Re: Tartan Park and Prom Center Catering Question!

• I had been trying to work with prom catering for a while and was not impressed. My first coordinator was good, but then she left and I emailed my new Coordinator with questions, she then did not respond for several months and replied with the wrong name. I went to the tasting and felt very ignored, everyone else at the table for the coordinator had at least a ten minute conversation with her when she went around, but she would not talk to us. Also despite asking for both names all of the groom name tags said last name guest which just struck me as inconsiderate and odd. I had special food made which was not very good (dietary restrictions). But the other people seemed to enjoy their food. I would suggest you call them and start talking to them about menu and possibly good to one of their tasting before you commit to a location since I certainly would not have wanted to continue working with them after my experience, but it depends a lot on who you work with. Hope this helps!
  • We just viewed Tartan Park over the weekend and thought it was very nice! The coordinator (who works for Prom Catering), Linda, was very pleasant to work with and very knowledgeable. We liked the venue enough but weren't exactly "wowed" by it. It's your standard middle-of-the-road "unsnooty" country club. 

The room setup is a little unusual (they're not all aligned with one another, just a tad off-kilter), but it would still be doable. We'll likely check out some of the other sites Prom Catering works with. She mentioned they're having a tasting on December 4th that we're likely to attend just to try out the food and see if it will work for us or not.

Hope that helps!
  • I have been to a wedding at the prom center which obviously was catered by prom catering. The apps were great but the food was awful. It was a stuffed chicken which was cold and the veggies were mush. The wedding was be beautiful and the bride said they were great to work with. This was 4 years ago and it was just one selection off the menu though.

I am having my ceremony at tartan park and so far they have been great to work with. I will not be having my reception anywhere they cater for fear it would be like my friends wedding food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards