Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Reviews on wedding planner, venue, hair and make-up

I was married on August 24th, 2013.  I am writing a few reviews because my wedding day was absolutely amazing and I would like to thank some people/organizations for the help they gave me on making my day everything I wanted it to be and more.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to respond as quickly as possible.

Wedding Planner- Jamie M @ Fabulous Functions, St Paul MN

My wedding was everything I hoped it would be and part of that is in thanks to Jamie. Jamie did a wonderful job in helping out in every area of the day. It began long before the actual wedding day. From the first sitting with Jamie I felt a huge weight being removed from my shoulders. She came up with great ideas and helpful hints for along the way. I would say the most helpful part would be the details that she made sure to attend to. It was simply things that had never crossed my mind, but Jamie made sure that all details were taken care of.

The actual wedding day went absolutely marvelous. Jamie was always there when you needed her. She has a true strength in being well prepared and her attention to details. If I had a question, Jamie already had the answer. The way she attended to me truly made me feel like a princess on my wedding day. It is very apparent the love and pride that Jamie has for her work.

I recieved numerous compliments from family and friends about Jamie as well. She helped things run smoothly and made my day all that it could be.

Venue- St. Croix Boat & Reception, Stillwater MN

There are any number of wonderful places to hold a wedding in Minnesota, but for me I can't help but think there is no better place than cruising down the beautiful St Croix river surrounded by loved ones.

It took about 10 seconds of seeing the boat for us to decided that this was the venue for us.  The staff is absolutely amazing and were so helpful along the way.  I visited the boat 4 times before the wedding for various reasons and the staff was very accommodating every time.  I feel it was very easy to work with them and for any bride already feeling overwhelmed this is almost a one stop shopping for your wedding.  We had the ceremony, the dinner, and the reception all on the boat.  The food was absolutely delicious (we had the Italian buffet and received numerous compliments).  I would also like to comment that so many of our guests thanked us for not having a long delay in between the ceremony and the reception. 

I would say that they are very reasonably priced and I feel that we got our moneys worth and then some.

Hair/Make-up- Katie S @ Hairsmiths, Shoreview MN

This woman is amazing.  She came to us in Stillwater and did my entire wedding party's hair as well as mine.  She is extremely reasonably priced and there is only one word to explain her and that is TALENTED.  I would recommend her not only for a wedding but also if you are just looking for a new hairstylist. 

I hope this helps anyone who is currently planning their wedding and I hope your day turns out as wonderful as mine did!

Re: Reviews on wedding planner, venue, hair and make-up

• Options
    I have a question...I'm starting to realize I probably need a day-of coordinator since my venue has no staff available to us & I don't want my groom to have to do all that he is offering to:)  Can you give me a ballpark price for what fabulous functions cost to use?  Sounds like you had full services & I'd only need day-of, and I know it may change, I just am not ready to call and ask about these things without even knowing a ballpark figure.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about Fabulous Functions, but for Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting, I paid around $1200 for day-of coordination. You get a number of discounts with their preferred vendors though, so I saved around $800 by going through them.
  • Options
    Thanks, we have our vendors, just need stuff done that day, so we may have to go another route. I'll never convince my man to pay for someone to do that stuff:)  Thank you!!
  • Options

Hey there-

I contacted my wedding coordinator and had her put this together for you.  I really hope it helps out.  I know money can be tight when planning a wedding but I would really like to say that it is so worth it to be able to sit back and enjoy your day and not worry about a thing. 

Congrats and have fun!

We would have 3 options for her, here are our 2014 prices: Month of wedding ($1200 is the price for this package) If you have most of your planning done but need some more help the last month of your engagement this package is perfect for you. I will be there up to 6 hours on the wedding day, rehearsal as well as 1 venue walk through and up yo 2 pre-wedding meetings the month of your wedding.

Month of plus tear down ($1800 is the price for this package) With this package you get everything that the month of plus 6 additional hours on the wedding day to help tear down the reception site.

Week of wedding ($950 is the price for this package) With this package you are pretty sure you have everything done, everything crossed off of the big list and every I dotted and T crossed...but do you? You will meet with us for a meeting and go over all of your details for the day of. We have done well over 50 weddings so we know what is needed and some of the smaller details that make the most impact. After the meeting we will create a document of the day of, with every detail. This includes 1 meeting, rehearsal and up to 6 hours on your wedding day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards