Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Share Gold Charger Plates & Cake Stand - Dallas

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but thought I'd check if anybody is using gold as one of their colors? I was thinking about buying charger plates (150), but would love to split the cost with somebody else who can also use them. My wedding is Oct. 1.

Let me know also if you know where I can get them for cheap?

I'm also buying a gold cake stand, used, 18'' square if anybody wants to rent before my date or buy after. Let me know!

You can PM me.

Thanks,
Jen

Re: Share Gold Charger Plates & Cake Stand - Dallas

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into this and considered renting them from Yoli at Yoli Chair Covers.  In 2009, she was renting them for $1 each.  Seats by Design may be the same price.

I ended up just having the ones I own on my head table and I kicked myself for not getting them for all of the tables.
  • Options
    K and CK and C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you please send a picture?
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! The one's at Hobby Lobby are $312 for 160 and that includes shipping.

So far we have 3 interested with wedding dates:

Oct. 2011 (Me)
    Mid-Novemeber 2011(1fwdarlin)
    May 2012 (K&C)

StacyMarch12: These are the ones from HobbyLobby ($1.99 each) but I'm still looking at other web sites for the best deal.
     http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=166580&OrderItemId=7821386&DepartmentId=8079

I'm also purchasing this cake stand and carting it with me from Boston!
    https://sites.google.com/site/mrswilson0611/vendors/for-sale

• Options
    K and CK and C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be worth going to the actual store to buy the chargers. Hobby Lobby always has in store sales that aren't reflected online, so there is a good chance that they could be 50% off in the store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_share-gold-charger-plates-cake-stand-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9db7160-98d6-4b65-aea9-a3ef080d5460Post:7691b051-3416-4df6-b7fb-e8e412a15cbe">Re: Share Gold Charger Plates & Cake Stand - Dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]It might be worth going to the actual store to buy the chargers. Hobby Lobby always has in store sales that aren't reflected online, so there is a good chance that they could be 50% off in the store.
    Posted by K and C[/QUOTE]

When I was looking, HL told me that their chargers never go on sale.  $1.99 is the cheapest I saw to buy them anywhere.
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_share-gold-charger-plates-cake-stand-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e9db7160-98d6-4b65-aea9-a3ef080d5460Post:6ee76651-35cc-4f6b-a172-78ceb38dec0c">Re: Share Gold Charger Plates & Cake Stand - Dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share Gold Charger Plates & Cake Stand - Dallas : When I was looking, HL told me that their chargers never go on sale.  $1.99 is the cheapest I saw to buy them anywhere.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

This. Also, HL always has tons of the chargers and if they don't have enough they will order them for you (they'll do that for anything) at no extra charge. This way you won't have to pay for shipping.

FYI: These chargers are plastic. Like tuberware thick durable pastic; they aren't glass. They still look great though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am VERY interested in the cake stand! It's exactly what I've been looking for. My wedding is NYE in Ennis. My colors are red and gold. How much are you wanting to charge?
    December '11 Brides September Siggy Challenge- THE SHOES
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Need a gold cake stand for 9/6/14. Is this still available? Thanks.
  • Options
    MlMarcolla , I haven't seen @Jen6862 active for quite some time. That is the risk taken when a thread is brought back to life from 2011. If you haven't sent her a private message yet, you may have better luck with that. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards