Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Trying to decide...

My first post! We're trying to decide between two photographers and I could use some advice based on their offerings. (I still plan to talk to them each in person so see if our personalities mesh, etc.)

Option #1 $3,200

- 8 hours

- 400 images

- (6) 5x7, (3) 8x10 and (1) 11x14

- high resolution, unrestricted use of images on USB

Option #2 $4,600

- full day coverage

- two photographers

- 10x10 album

- medium resolution photos on disk

- $300 towards online store (add'l prints/albums)

Do I need high res photos, not medium res? Do I need an album as part of the package or can I do that later? Are photographers ever flexible on price? Option #1 is great too but I don't love the photos as much as Option #2.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Trying to decide...

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I'd keep looking.  I'm not a fan of the photo limit on the first one (we had almost 1000 photos from our day and I know others who had even more!).  And I'm not a fan of the medium resolution photos of the second package.  Actually, I've never heard of that.

We got our package without albums and went back to the photographer after the wedding to order albums.  It may vary between photographers.

That said, the most important thing to look for are photos and a style that you like.  Doesn't matter if there is all day coverage or 2 photographers if you get photos that you hate.  I'd rather get a smaller package with amazing photos.  Good luck!

ETA - If you haven't already done so, try posting on your local board.  The girls there might have recommendations for photographers within your budget.
  • Thanks so much, I appreciate your insight!
  • You cant advertise on here @blevo. @knotporscha
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2013

My first post! We're trying to decide between two photographers and I could use some advice based on their offerings. (I still plan to talk to them each in person so see if our personalities mesh, etc.)

Option #1 $3,200

- 8 hours

- 400 images

- (6) 5x7, (3) 8x10 and (1) 11x14

- high resolution, unrestricted use of images on USB

Option #2 $4,600

- full day coverage

- two photographers

- 10x10 album

- medium resolution photos on disk

- $300 towards online store (add'l prints/albums)

Do I need high res photos, not medium res? Do I need an album as part of the package or can I do that later? Are photographers ever flexible on price? Option #1 is great too but I don't love the photos as much as Option #2.

Thanks for any help!

I would keep looking. We got a photography package like your 2nd option (except only 1 photographer and add having all the photos online in a password protected album for all the guests to look at and order if they want). We're paying about $1,200 (no discount) for it and the photographer is AMAZING. My aunt works in the wedding photography business / industry and her company uses this photographer a lot. He has 20 some years of experience.
  • hlvonb  thank you! I'm going to continue my search :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards