Outdoor Weddings
Options

What colors go with a mountain wedding

My bridesmaids keep asking me what the color scheme is and I honestly haven't come up with it yet. Wedding is still 9 months away and we haven't tried on any BM dresses or men's suits yet. The wedding is outdoors at a ski resort so it's mountain background. Most people do that in fall when the leaves start to turn and they have oranges, yellows, cranberries. Mine will be the very beginning of Sept so still 100% green. I know which colors would CLASH like hot pink, turquoise, formal red & black. But which colors would compliment the surroundings?? All I can think of is like tans and greys but that's kind of boring...help lol

(My centerpieces are wood slices, lanterns, and candles so colors don't really apply there but I will need a napkin choice)

Re: What colors go with a mountain wedding

• Options
    Since you're in such a natural location, what if you just did various shades of green and brown?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    You're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Pick what colors you like. Your colors aren't going to "clash" with a mountain. That's silly. 
  • Options
    LOL really? I thought it would look silly to have like pinks and purples in a nature setting just like you wouldn't have short floral dresses in a ballroom wedding? But maybe I am over analyzing 
  • Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Pinks and purples exist in nature - there are tons of purple wildflowers in mountain regions.  

That being said, what colors do you actually like? Blues? - do shades of blue and grays. Greens? - greens and white and tan. Reds? - reds and browns. Purples? - purples and browns. 

It's more about the aesthetic and decor you want, not necessarily the mountain. 

ETA: The more I think about it, purples, greens, and browns could be beautiful in a natural setting. 

• Options
    oooh those pictures are fabulous!! See I really don't have favorite colors- my bedroom is Tiffany Blue and he already said he does not want that for the wedding so I'm kind of indifferent about all other colors haha 
  • Options
    What about shades of blues, greens, and soft browns for your neutral? That way you get to have blue without screaming Tiffany Blue.

More ideas: 

• Options
    thanks so much, those are gorgeous and the look I was going for but couldn't quite picture! I'm more into greys than browns and I think these would look pretty with grey suits. :)
  • Options
    Browns, greens, and white:
    Neutrals
    Blush 

• Options
    Ours is in the forest and we're doing dark blue, lavender, and grey.  We are just keeping it minimal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards