Attire & Accessories Forum

Where have all the NON-Traditional brides gone?!

2»

Answers

• I really love the second dress and think it would be soo much fun for NYE, but friends were saying that it didn't look bridal at all. And that I should do the first dress. But the top is not flattering at all on me because I'm a bit top heavy and I find the way the material is, it never hugs your midsection. So, it feels either loose on your chest or on your belly, even though it is the right size and has a corset. I am having the second dress made without the flower detail on the skirt just in case because I find it cheapens the look for me. Maybe a better question would be ... If you were having a glitzy NYE Wedding where everyone was dressing up and u wanted to feel spectacular which dress would you wear between both or would you possibly mix?
  • I personally wouldn't combine those two dresses because I think the color difference is wonky. But to each their own- I'm not gonna get all butthurt that you put down "cookie cutter" corset back strapless gowns. Because I looked beyond amazing in mine, thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The second dress is better IMO.  If you love it then wear it regardless of what other people think or say. 
  • Lol, thank u. I know lots of ladies can rock that, I said that because almost all the weddings I have been to here have had very similar dresses. I've honestly only see one friend that had a bit of a different gown and it looked beautiful on her. I would love fashion to ooze out of this place :)
    I'm sure u looked very lovely on ur day!
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I know how anxiety can be but don't stress!!! If it's NYE I believe the more sparkle the better, everyone sparkles on NYE. Being a little fancy or a lot fancy on this day is completely acceptable.

I honestly don't think anyone else's perception should matter in this case. You will be perceived as a bride on her wedding day looking confident as hell (as long as you don't worry about what everyone else is thinking). I imagine you'll be too busy staring at your man down the aisle...

As far as your guests, their laid back weddings are what they like/works for them. That does not mean you have to fall in line and be laid back too. I may not like certain styles for myself but I may love them on my friends. Your wedding dress is something that as long as it is respectful to your venue it is entirely your decision. You get to pick what you wear completely and it gets to be a reflection of you!

I am sure your guests will have a great time as long as you have their needs in mind for the reception. Just make sure your guests are going to be comfortable (food, drinks, seating, etc).

Edit: I like the second dress better than the first one!
  • Thanks, I love that dress too. Something stands out for me when I look at it. I just felt bad because I bought the first soo early and it is a beautiful dress, that it seems a waste that I bought the first, plus I loved the train. I got the dresses so cheap and so easy online, that I figured the dress decisions would be easy-poesy ... Not soo much Lol
  • Thanks sweetie, I appreciate the sentiments. Glad u like the second. Yeah ... I have sparkly girl syndrome! No, we are having in a hotel here. It has an atrium, so it looks outdoors. All the Christmas tress will be lit up and it's gorgeous. We are trying to make everyone have a good time. We aren't doing a head table, so everyone can sit with their dates. We are doing pictures before the wedding, so no wait. The bridal party for their dance will dance with their dates. Plus, we are doing a confetti and ball drop for midnight and the hotel is giving discounted rooms to our guests if they want to stay until the next day. We think it will be a great time. We can never get all our friends together for NYE parties ... Ever, so it was our way of doing so. Anxiety is a kicker sometimes :p
  • I like the 2nd dress better.  I saw the combined dress when you posted before and I thought both the ruffles and the top were competing against each other.  Also I did think the two-tone looked a bit off - like you were trying to match the whites and just said 'close enough' or like when you get ready in the dark and accidentally grab a navy sock and a black sock type of deal.  As a side note - my style is 'classic with a modern twist'.

If you love the 2nd one but feel bad about spending the money on the first one - you can always sell it or donate it so somebody else can have a beautiful dress.  If you love the look of the combined dress then do that.  Do what makes you happy, it's your day (and your FI's).

Anniversary
  • Thanks hon! I love the second dress more but still have a soft spot for it combined too. I know what u mean by competing with each other. I found the top was too bland for the first skirt and the second dress skirt was too bland for the top. The reason I liked the contrast was because it made me look at both parts which I really loved. I think the only way I could get away with it so that others would find it more cohesive, is maybe if I added straps made from the organza or a belt, so the white color would be brought up to the top as well. Under the flowers and crystal applique is a white base, but it's hard to notice if not up close. Here is the pinterest link for what the dress would resemble after custom made. The bottom only looks as wide there because I had to cover up the other skirt. I know lots of people don't like the contrast, but would anyone have any ideas if I chose to do that, how I might make it work more together ... I wish I didn't love it so :p Maybe because my weddings colors are white, silver with crystal accents. Lol

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/494903446523082475/
  • That is why I didn't choose the first dress by itself, I've never felt that I could pull of the classic look without looking out of place. I think that look is beautiful, maybe I just radiate 'I'm a fraud' when I try to pull it off Haha
  • I already ordered the first dress, the one with the train about 6 months ago, I have always had good experiences with Aliexpress site, the other link is for DH Gate, I don't order from them. I had the page link saved for my seamstress to view the details. That second dress I'm ordering from the same site I already dealt with. Too afraid to order from DH Gate
  • Thanks for sending the links. I had a great first experience, I'm using the same seller again. I would never order from there if the dress was more expensive. But lots of friends and family have ordered some of their dresses from Aliexpress and had no problems. If it was actually the cost of a real wedding dress, I wouldn't even think about it!
  • It's actually the same dress combo, just a closer up version. The dress I posted does have white fabric underneath the crystals. I found out that the greyish fabric is considered the ivory version so it is actually more white. But those two dresses are the combination of the custom one though
  • Bottom of the first dress link and top of the second dress link
  • It is the exact same two dresses before the pic was photoshopped to be combined. The photoshopped pic was zoomed in and the second skirt placed over the original skirt. They are the exact same original dresses. It just wasn't showing the whole skirt because it couldn't be hid in the photoshopped pic. Link to custom dress

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/494903446523082838/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards