Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Appetizer Question

So we are taking all of our pictures before the wedding, and have elected not to have a full on cocktail hour as a result because we will be heading straight to the venue. We plan to take some time (prob. 20 min) to ourselves in a private room there before making our entrance. Because of this, we are only having a display with fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies for guests to much on when they arrive, and the bar will be open. Do you think it's ok not to have any passed appetizers? We didn't feel that it was worth the $ since they will only be waiting for a short time prior to dinner, but now I'm second guessing myself!

Re: Appetizer Question

• chelcee22 said:
    So we are taking all of our pictures before the wedding, and have elected not to have a full on cocktail hour as a result because we will be heading straight to the venue. We plan to take some time (prob. 20 min) to ourselves in a private room there before making our entrance. Because of this, we are only having a display with fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies for guests to much on when they arrive, and the bar will be open. Do you think it's ok not to have any passed appetizers? We didn't feel that it was worth the $ since they will only be waiting for a short time prior to dinner, but now I'm second guessing myself!
    If you are truly only going to be 20 minutes, then I think your plan sounds fine.  As soon as you walk in, you will begin dinner?
  • I would have no problem with this as a guest. I don't think passed hor duerves are necessary but my venue includes them in the price so I don't really have a choice lol. I'm also doing all my pics beforehand- good call :)
  • chelcee22 said:
    You are hosting your guests with food and drink (just checking - no charge to your guests for the bar, right?).  You're fine!  Passed apps are not a requirement.
  • I would say your fine. Apps don't need to be passed around.
  • Thank you! Yes, it is an open bar, and as soon as we enter and do our first dance, we will then serve dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards