Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Getting really aggravated with photographer

So me and my FI had our engagement pictures taken on November 10th. I was very clear with my photographer that I wanted some of the photos for the save the dates to do Christmas themed save the date cards because I have an awesome calligrapher who can make all kinds of pretty designs. She said it was no problem. She told us the pictures would be ready in two to two and half weeks because she also had family sessions to do. Okay not a problem. Well almost a month goes by still no pictures. 

She sends out an e-mail to me last week to assure me that my pictures are being edited and all that. Well this weekend my calligrapher calls and asks could my photographer send her some of her favorite shots this far just so she could start playing around with the how the design would look (She would use my favorite photos once they were all complete). I e-mailed my photographer and asked was this possible. She said no problem that she would send her a few over the weekend that she liked. Well Monday night calligrapher e-mails me saying she never got any pictures. So instead of e-mail, I call my photographer this go around and just nicely ask where she was at on my photos. She tells me that my full gallery will be ready no later than Tuesday and thanks me for my patience but her family sessions have had her super busy.

Well it is 5:00 Tuesday afternoon and no gallery. I understand she has other clients, but at the same time I feel like my pictures are not a priority. I am tired of being "reassured" and told she will do something and then it not get done. I am really really trying to be as nice as possible. Sorry for the long post, but I just need some advice on what other people would do in this situation. 

Re: Getting really aggravated with photographer

• Options
    If I was in this situation, I would let her know I expect a few shots (not all of them mind you just a handful) in a set timeline that works for finishing the STDs and tell her if you don't get them that you won't be needing her services for your wedding and go shopping for a new photographer. 
  • Options
    So me and my FI had our engagement pictures taken on November 10th. I was very clear with my photographer that I wanted some of the photos for the save the dates to do Christmas themed save the date cards because I have an awesome calligrapher who can make all kinds of pretty designs. She said it was no problem. She told us the pictures would be ready in two to two and half weeks because she also had family sessions to do. Okay not a problem. Well almost a month goes by still no pictures. 

She sends out an e-mail to me last week to assure me that my pictures are being edited and all that. Well this weekend my calligrapher calls and asks could my photographer send her some of her favorite shots this far just so she could start playing around with the how the design would look (She would use my favorite photos once they were all complete). I e-mailed my photographer and asked was this possible. She said no problem that she would send her a few over the weekend that she liked. Well Monday night calligrapher e-mails me saying she never got any pictures. So instead of e-mail, I call my photographer this go around and just nicely ask where she was at on my photos. She tells me that my full gallery will be ready no later than Tuesday and thanks me for my patience but her family sessions have had her super busy.

Well it is 5:00 Tuesday afternoon and no gallery. I understand she has other clients, but at the same time I feel like my pictures are not a priority. I am tired of being "reassured" and told she will do something and then it not get done. I am really really trying to be as nice as possible. Sorry for the long post, but I just need some advice on what other people would do in this situation. 
    @clharrison2

I agree. Tell her I need X amount of photos by X date otherwise she will lose you as a client. I don't know why but for some reason, saying that you will post a detailed review of the situation on every place possible also seems to kick them into gear. If you know who one of her big competitors are, maybe even drop a name. 

Ex: I need 5 photos sent to me by December 16th or I am going to go with "XYZ photography" and I will feel the need to post a detailed review about my experience with you and various popular review sites......
  • Options
    Well my calligrapher finally got a few photos from her so at least our save the dates can be done. I still have no gallery though. I also saw on her website where she will be CLOSED December 15th through January 2nd for the holidays which means if I don't have my gallery by Sunday I will have to wait until after the New Year until I have my gallery. I will not be a happy camper if that turns out to be the case. I hate to fire someone, but I am not pleased at all. 
  • Options
    Well my calligrapher finally got a few photos from her so at least our save the dates can be done. I still have no gallery though. I also saw on her website where she will be CLOSED December 15th through January 2nd for the holidays which means if I don't have my gallery by Sunday I will have to wait until after the New Year until I have my gallery. I will not be a happy camper if that turns out to be the case. I hate to fire someone, but I am not pleased at all. 
    @clharrison2

I personally would move onto a new photographer. She should have gotten the photos out sooner instead of saying X this happened or X that came up, etc. 

My photographer sends me (and his other clients) an email when he was unavailable. That way if we call or email him, we know ahead of time it would be a while before getting back to us.
  • Options
    When a photographer/videographer gives you an estimated date or an ACTUAL date of when they will be done with your photos/video then they are expected to be delivered by then.

I know they need to make money and I know the holidays are pretty busy for them but to ignore their previous clients or to not make the clients that are waiting their first priority is kind of B.S on her part. She gave you a date they would be done, hell she even said your entire gallery would be available. The fact it isn't is unacceptable and even if her work is beautiful and awesome, I would still be writing a review with this as the CON: of this photographer.

I agree with hlvonb. She should not be making excuses. She shouldn't be telling you how busy she is or that other things have gotten in her way to get to your photos. You came first. Your photos came first. I am not a photographer or in a business, so I'm not sure how this works, but in my honest opinion photos should be done in the order they were taken. I would be pissed if I'm waiting for my E photos since Nov, promised to have them by X date and on her website or "sneak peeks" I see Christmas family photos that were taken a few days ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards