North Carolina-Outer Banks

Small rental house wedding- With or without a DJ?

We are having a small laid back wedding where the ceremony will be on the beach and then the reception will just be back on the main level of our beachfront rental house. We will have 35-40 people. I'm trying to decide if I should put out the money for a DJ or if I should just play music off of an iPod. I'm looking for opinions from people who have had a wedding like this. What did you do and were you happy with the choice? Is a DJ worth the price for this type of wedding? Thanks!!

Re: Small rental house wedding- With or without a DJ?

• We had our reception at the Sanderling in the former Life Saving Station. We had about 27 guests and used an iPod with a docking station which worked fine. It depends on whether you will have everything outside versus inside. If outside, I'm not sure the sound would carry well enough. We also knew our group of people weren't big dancers and the music was more background noise, versus the main part of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a very small reception at our rental house. About 26 people. I went back and forth for a long time about hiring a DJ as no one in our family were big dancers. We ended up hiring one 2 weeks before the wedding, and I am glad we did. I made the decision in the end because I wanted someone to be more of an MC than a DJ. Someone to direct attention and keep the night moving along from first dance to cake cutting etc. It was pricy but ended up being money well spent in my eyes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards