Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

We found our bakery!!!

So after several cake tasting with different bakeries in the area where we will be getting married, we finally found the bakery we are going to go with. It is going to cost us about $630 - $650 for a 3 tiered square cake (each tier is a different flavor) and a groom's cake. 

Re: We found our bakery!!!

• Congrats!! We have cake tastings at 4 different bakeries over winter break (I'm a teacher) and I am SO excited about this part of wedding planning. What flavors did you decide on???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    Congrats!! We have cake tastings at 4 different bakeries over winter break (I'm a teacher) and I am SO excited about this part of wedding planning. What flavors did you decide on???

@tcnoble

We decided on Regular Danish Layer (Grooms cake), Chocolate silk, a vanilla with chocolate chips, and  Danish Layer with Strawberry filling,

• hlvonb said:
    tcnoble said:
    Congrats!! We have cake tastings at 4 different bakeries over winter break (I'm a teacher) and I am SO excited about this part of wedding planning. What flavors did you decide on???

@tcnoble

We decided on Regular Danish Layer (Grooms cake), Chocolate silk, a vanilla with chocolate chips, and  Danish Layer with Strawberry filling,

Sounds yummy!
  • JoanE2012 said:
    hlvonb said:
    tcnoble said:

@tcnoble

Sounds yummy!

@JoanE2012

I hope other people think so. Lol. Otherwise we might have a lot of cake left.

• @hlvonb YUM!! and if people don't think it's yummy, all the more extra cake for you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    @hlvonb YUM!! and if people don't think it's yummy, all the more extra cake for you! :)

@tcnoble

My thoughts exactly!

• I have to say that I'm blown away by that number! I don't know where you live but I am getting a 3 tier square cake also. Bottom tier marble, middle tier red velvet, and top tier carrot. all with a cream cheese frosting and filling. Our cake is serving about 140 people but we arent paying NEARLY that much! My cake after delivery cost is only 215 here in illinois. I'd have choked on my cake samples if they told me 630 dollars! But if it's what you want then that's what you want! Glad you're happy with your cake! 
  • dluberts said:
    I have to say that I'm blown away by that number! I don't know where you live but I am getting a 3 tier square cake also. Bottom tier marble, middle tier red velvet, and top tier carrot. all with a cream cheese frosting and filling. Our cake is serving about 140 people but we arent paying NEARLY that much! My cake after delivery cost is only 215 here in illinois. I'd have choked on my cake samples if they told me 630 dollars! But if it's what you want then that's what you want! Glad you're happy with your cake! 

@dluberts

Its $630 for 2 cakes not just one. Also, it's a little more because the Danish Layer is considered a specialty flavor. We have around 240 or 250 servings of cake.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards