Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation for Priest?

kjvaracallikjvaracalli member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited December 2013 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
What is the etiquette/policy on this?  Are you supposed to mail the priest an invite to the reception?  Obviously we're inviting him, but wasn't sure about sending him one, although the more I think about it, the more I feel you do mail him one....

Re: Invitation for Priest?

• If you are close to your officiant and want to invite him to your reception then yes send him an invite.

However if you are not close to him but instead only know him because you are using his church to marry in then I don't see the point of inviting him to your reception. At that point he is like any other officiant you hire to marry you and more of a vendor then a friend you want at your reception.

• We mailed him one. The priest who married us was the priest who did DH's RCIA, and who's the pastor of the church we attend. We invited him to the reception, where he also said grace.

We mailed it to him because he requested one for sentimental reasons (although we could have hand-delivered it, too). 

But I would give him one, yes.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Yes, I would send an invitation to your officiant.
  • If they are a hired vendor and not the priest at your church, just someone out of the yellow pages to oversee the ceremony, I would not invite them to the reception. 
    If I were inviting them, as you say you are, regardless of the vendor/ faith relationship I would send them an invite. If they are invited to the reception as a guest or guest of honor then mail them an invite. :) They will need the address of the reception, assuming it is not at the same location. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks for the help!  I think I was on the fence between verbally inviting him vs. mailing him one.  We will be mailing him one.  Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards