Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

15 months later and no pics

I got married in sept 2012. I still haven't ordered my pics. Our photog was a friend of DHs who told us his services were his gift to us, so we never paid for anything. I've seen the cd of proofs and I'm not really impressed. There were a lot of things overlooked, like items in the background or people not centered. I'm also kind of bitter about our relationship with our WP. Of the six people we had in the wedding, we only speak to two or three. Our relationships just changed with them over the past few years.

Should I just suck it up and get them printed? My mom keeps making sarcastic comments about how maybe she will see photos some year. Would it be okay to ask the photog if I can pay him for the CD and then just do my own thing with them? I'm not really sure what my apathy about them is but I just feel "meh" about them.

Re: 15 months later and no pics

• Options
    I got married in sept 2012. I still haven't ordered my pics. Our photog was a friend of DHs who told us his services were his gift to us, so we never paid for anything. I've seen the cd of proofs and I'm not really impressed. This is why most people say not to mix friends with wedding vendors (basically don't hire or let a friend gift photography (in this case) to you unless you know they are amazing. Even then maybe actually hire a photographer.  There were a lot of things overlooked, like items in the background or people not centered. I'm also kind of bitter about our relationship with our WP. Of the six people we had in the wedding, we only speak to two or three. Our relationships just changed with them over the past few years. Your relationships with the WP changing sucks but sadly, that's what happens. I am not married yet and I have already lost a friend of 11 years because of wedding party drama. 

Should I just suck it up and get them printed? Either get them all printed since that's what most photographers would do for you anyway. Or select some of your favorites (or less bad ones) and print those. My mom keeps making sarcastic comments about how maybe she will see photos some year. Would it be okay to ask the photog if I can pay him for the CD and then just do my own thing with them? Yes that's ok as long as he gives you the rights to the photos on the CD. I know he is a friend of your husband's but if you do this, make sure you both sign something saying that he is giving you full rights to the photos. I'm not really sure what my apathy about them is but I just feel "meh" about them.
    @CowgirlK39

See my responses in red above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards