Not Engaged Yet

Man Bling

Just a survey to see whose men like to wear bling and will probably have a fancy diamond wedding band to rival yours.  I was at a hockey game last night and my BF noticed this woman sitting next him...she had a HUGE diamond set on.  And then I looked over and the man's wedding ring was an entire band of diamonds that almost blinded me.  That's definitely not my BF's taste.  He doesn't even want a single diamond in his band (we're not engaged, but we have looked at e-rings many times and he has looked at bands for the wedding).  He doesn't wear any jewelry at all. 

So, does your man like bling?  Do you think he'll want a simple band or something more extravagant?

Re: Man Bling

• My H wears no jewelry (or watch) other than his wedding band which is a dark grey titanium band. I attached a pic of what his looks like. He's a pretty simple guy so a diamond/blingy band for him would look silly and out of place. 

• H wears his college ring (sometimes), watch, and wedding band. That's it. He doesn't like flashy things, he is pretty simple when it comes to accessories. His wedding band has some engraving on it and some ridges around the edges but nothing extravagent. He picked it out so I'm guessing if he wanted something flashy, he would have shown that to me. Most men I know don't have flashy wedding bands or bling but I've met a few who do enjoy wearing jewlery with some bling on it. It's their style I guess.
  • FI doesn't wear much jewelry. He wears a Manchester United bracelet and thats about it. We picked out his wedding band last weekend and I was surprised at what he picked out since he's usually simple and the ring he wanted had sapphires. I thought he would go with the most simple band he could find since thats originally what he told me he wanted.
    Anniversary

• BF doesn't wear any jewlery, not even a watch. I'm sure when we get him a wedding band he absolutly will not want any bling.

• edited December 2013

H is not a jewelry guy at all. I was surprised when he picked a rather large ring (it's a pretty heavy, wide band). He is in no way a diamond guy though. I just laugh inside when I think of H with a diamond ring on. hehe.

Triton Men's 8.0mm Comfort Fit Tungsten Carbide Wedding Band - Gordon's Jewelers

• FI doesn't wear any jewelry at all. He has a sort of nice watch that he'll wear to nice events sometimes. This is one we found and both liked a lot when we went looking at men's wedding bands once. This one isn't the exact ring but it looks similar to the one we liked. The ring he tried on had a square shank and he thought it was very comfortable.

• BF wears absolutely no jewelry. I'm positive he wouldn't have anything more than diamond "chips" in a wedding band, and he probably wouldn't even want that.
  • My husband also isn't a jewelry guy. He chose a pretty hefty gold band that's gorgeous. I actually think it's more eye-catching than mine! (I just have a wedding band, no e-ring.)

• FI doesn't wear a lot of jewelry, but he likes to be unique. So not blingy, but definitely not just a simple band.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Swazzle said:
    My H wears no jewelry (or watch) other than his wedding band which is a dark grey titanium band. I attached a pic of what his looks like. He's a pretty simple guy so a diamond/blingy band for him would look silly and out of place. 
    Our H's are ring twins!  
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I guess I never really consider watches as jewelry.  My man is really into watches, but yet doesn't even wear one every day.  He's so picky about them, and he loves pricier ones.  I am never allowed to pick him out a watch...he's too picky.  It's just an agreement we have.  I told him I want to buy him a nice watch when he proposes to me...so we will have to go shopping together for it.  You'd THINK that would give him incentive to propose!  But he's known that for almost a year or more that I would want to give him something when he proposes...but it's still not incentive enough I guess!
  • FI is not showy at all. He's more sentimental. He wears dog tags (allergy alerts), and a watch. FI is unique. We've looked at a few wedding bands. He would like something out of the ordinary, we found a jeweler who specializes in custom rings (engraved mountain ranges). I think he wouldn't wear a wedding band with diamonds in it. That being said, I don't think your bf needs an incentive to propose...the incentive behind an engagement is the spending the rest of their life with you? 
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    FI is not showy at all. He's more sentimental. He wears dog tags (allergy alerts), and a watch. FI is unique. We've looked at a few wedding bands. He would like something out of the ordinary, we found a jeweler who specializes in custom rings (engraved mountain ranges). I think he wouldn't wear a wedding band with diamonds in it. That being said, I don't think your bf needs an incentive to propose...the incentive behind an engagement is the spending the rest of their life with you? 
    Sorry, I was not being serious when I said that...sorry if you took it that way. Yes, I want to give him a watch b/c watches mean a lot to him and I want to commemorate our engagement when it does happen..NOT to dangle in front of him so he will propose. I have never been thrilled with the idea that the guy spends all of this money and the girl does nothing. I guess it's the feminist in me, but I think it should be more equal....that's the kind of relationship I want to have. I told him not to spend so much on a ring, too, but he has some notion in his mind that I shouldn't worry about that.
  • DH is not a huge, flashy-bling person, either. He picked this wedding band. I would have picked something a little showier -- with milgrain or grooves or something -- but this is what he wanted.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards