Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!

I am so, so, SO glad it's Friday. I had 2 back-to-back work Christmas parties on Monday and Tuesday and I've been sick since Monday so my body could really use a couple days of sleep.

Tonight I have to go to Target to pick up a gift I ordered, then Michael's for frames and a basket, the mall to pick up photos, and food shopping. I'm not excited. 

Tomorrow I'm going to wrap everything and maybe bake something yummy. H is working all day and then going away for the night so I'll be stranded at home with no car. Not excited again. 

Sunday I'm going to clean and then be lazy. My Eagles play the Bears at night so I'll probably have some football on in the background throughout the day.

My weekend is going to be pretty boring so I hope you all are doing fun things so I can live vicariously through you.

Re: FRIDAY!

• Good Morning!! 

Tonight I was supposed to go to a work Christmas party, but I think I might go home and sleep instead.  Animals kept me up all last night.  FI has poker tonight.

Tomorrow - I'm going to try and get my car an appointment to see if they can read what's wrong with it.  The ABS and Traction Control lights are on.  They were on/off for awhile and the code said a bad sensor - got the sensor replaced it went off for like 2 weeks and now it's back on.

Sunday - Not entirely sure what's going on.  FI might watch the Browns game with his bro and dad like normal and I might stay behind and clean up around my mess of a house.  We will see.

I FINALLY talked to my mom a little about wedding plans.  She's on board with them - so now I have to just get a date booked/penciled in and figure a few other things out.  YAY on moving forward!!

Anniversary
  • @swazzle I baked Christmas cookies last weekend, and got so tired of baking that I have a few doughs in the freezer that I may defrost and bake this weekend, I don't know yet.

Tonight my friend is coming over and I'm finally giving her a hat and scarf that I knitted for her as a thank you for watching Buddy while we were in DC (I feel so bad that it's taken so long buuuut I got sidetracked with other stuff, I know she'll love it!), then we're going to fill up our coffee mugs with wine and walk over the the nail place near my house and get manicures. By the time we're done with that FI will get home and we're going to Verizon to add me on to his plan. So, with that being said, I will be able to receive Facetime love from some of you!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Also it's saving us a ton of money since we're on two different plans right now. I would have to pay to terminate my contract, but I had money put aside for that anyway at some point. Once we get all that done, I'll probably give FI a haircut, Quigley a bath and drink a bottle of wine.

Saturday we bring Quigley to the vet for his annual exam, then we go to the jewelers to get an appraisal on my ring for insurance (I'm kind of on the fence about this, so opinions would be helpful). Then we MAY look at one venue. My mom is kind of riding my ass to at least book a venue right now. I don't even know where to begin, but when my friend got engaged last February she looked at this place and I went with her and I kind of liked it, I just have to see if FI is on board with it. After we do that, I'm going to bake cookies, knit, drink wine and relax some more.

Sunday we're meeting my parents in Poughkeepsie for our annual Christmas gift tradeoff/brunch. Then we celebrate Quigley's 2nd birthday!!!!!!!! I'm so sad he's two already :(

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - I can't wait for FT and ichats with you!!!!! I use Perfect Circle/Jeweler's Mutual for insurance on my ring (CLICK). Have you guys come up with a date/time of year for the wedding? 

• @swazzle I can't wait either!!! I'm going to feel like an old lady when I do my first FT chat, I'm going to be like "can you SEE ME? Is this thing ON???? Are you THERE???"

Thanks for the link for the insurance site, I just bookmarked it!!!

We talked last night and want to book for October-December of 2014. I'm leaning more towards December since even though I hate winter, this is my favorite time of year. So I guess my mom is right that we should look since we'll see how the venue looks in the winter, if that makes sense? I feel like I don't know what to do. We've literally decided three things yesterday (when, who and budget) and I was like "TIME FOR WINE!" It's crazy because before I was engaged, I thought this was going to be easy, but now I just feel like I'm not doing things fast enough or something.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle - Thanks for the ring link (even though it was meant for Buddysmom80) - I need to get my ring put on an insurance policy still. Perfect Circle is cheaper than the quote from my homeowners policy. Time to research.

Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 - I think you're fine! We did the same as you -- we decided what time of year (spring), who we wanted/needed there, and how much we'd need to save to pay for that many people (and then realized the upcoming spring was too soon for us to save enough so we pushed it back a year). Then I started browsing venues online and contacting the ones I liked to see if they were in our budget. The ones that were in our budget, I scheduled appointments with. We looked at 13 venues all throughout NJ before we finally chose ours. 

Looking now to see what the place will look like this time next year is a great idea! We saw our venue in the fall and it looked completely different when we got married there in the spring. 

• Morning everybody!

I am worn out today. Maggie ate something crazy yesterday and was hacking up a lung trying to cough it up - ended up throwing up a few times in the process. I almost had to do the Heimlich on the poor girl! After a few minutes she calmed down, so I just watched her carefully. She slept great and is raising hell this morning, so she is back to her normal self.

Today I'm going to the gym, and then I'm hitting up the mall to start and finish my Christmas shopping. I'm such a mess this year. Tonight, just reading. I picked up about eighty thousand books from the library yesterday and didn't get to read any last night on account of the pup.

Saturday I work 7-3. I have a quick appointment with our dog trainer afterward since I had to miss class when I was sick the other day. And then my friend invited me to his house for some kind of role-playing game. I've never been to one of these before, so this should be interested. He wrote me this awesomely detailed character description about elves and such...I dunno about this. But it'll be fun to meet new people and at least try the RPG thing, even if it's not my cup of tea.

Sunday, working again. No real plans for the evening.
  • we are supposed to get another ice storm this weekend (starting this evening), so our plans will be up to the mercy of the weather.  I do need to get groceries tonight and we're supposed to go over to my brother's "new house" because he closes today.  *rolling my eyes*

today is also my last day at work and then I'm off for a couple weeks...  YAY!!!!!!  I have so much planned for my break from work.  home projects, going to the library, SLEEPING...  it's going to be great.

@buddysmom80, we had USAA for our home insurance so I just added my ring to that.  it was pretty easy!
  • This first week with the new job has been great! I think I'm going to like it, I hope. Today will be slow, I'm the only one on my team working today but I have a few things to do then I get to go home early. After work, I'll be off to CrossFit because I ate everything last night and drank all the wine because it was H's last day of work before break.

Saturday I plan to wrap all my Christmas gifts and bake some cream cheese banana bread noms. Then....I get to go with @lmhollister to go look at a wedding venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Saturday night is a friend's bday party at this Brewery/ restaurant in ATL. Should be fun.

Sunday is church alll day! I'm volunteering in the morning with regular worship and then volunteering at night for the beginning of our Christmas Eve worship. H is hunting all weekend in South Georgia so I'll be all alone this weekend : (. I hate staying by myself.

• Its naptime right now so I started some baking. I did arts and crafts with the babe this morning, and we have more to do this afternoon. I'm going to finish my chistmas tree skirt at some point. Bf and I are going to have a date night since my parents want to watch the boy.

Saturday morning we are going to the market and doing grocery shopping for the next week. I have a few last minute gifts to grab and wrap. We might go visit some friends in the afternoon depending on when he gets off work.

Sunday we are going to Toronto to visit another set of friends for dinner.

Overall it will be a pretty relaxing, calm weekend and I'm happy about that.
  • Glad a bunch of you are doing exciting things! I'm with @swazzle, my weekend's going to be fairly boring so I'm living vicariously through you.

Tonight I have no clue what we're doing. Probably laundry. Maybe housework. We might watch "Windtalkers," mostly because it's being pulled from Netflix instant viewing.

Tomorrow I'm getting up stupid early because it's Rankin-Bass day on ABCFamily and I reserve the right to enjoy that. More housework. More laundry. Wrap the presents. Make the football picks. Set the fantasy teams (like it matters, neither of us are playing for money anymore). Try to catch a matinee of "Catching Fire" -- I still haven't seen it yet, don't even get me started on "Hobbit 2."

Sunday is for football, as always. More housework, more laundry. Maybe knit.

I'm really excited for getting M-W off work next week!
  • It's Friday and I have major holiday brain at work today. Tonight C and I are doing our Christmas date. It’s just dinner this year because we don’t have the money for our usual over the top holiday date and gifts. But I’m still excited for getting all dressed up.

Tomorrow we’re going to visit C’s parents at their place. C told his sister not to get gifts for us but she did (even though she definitely doesn’t have the money) so we have to get something for her. Ugh.

Sunday is business as usual – church, lunch, then packing to leave on Monday morning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This weekend is going to be a busy one! Today I'm heading to Hobby Lobby to pick up a couple gift wrapping items. Then i'm home to wait for a guy to come check my furnace. Then off to the grocery to get everything for tomorrow. Probably doing some baking tonight.

Tomorrow H's family is coming over to do christmas at our house at noon. I'm doing a brunch thing so it shouldn't be too much cooking. Really looking forward to spending the day with everyone and playing some games.

Since we fly out to see my family early Tuesday morning, H and I will probably spend Sunday sleeping in, packing for our trip and cleaning the house so we don't have to come home to a mess.

• This weekend I finally have a weekend off from all of my jobs! It is also snowing like crazy here. Tonight: I made cookie dough last weekend and need to roll it out and cut them out to be baked and frosted. Tomorrow: I will be wrapping the last of the gifts, getting a workout in, visiting my grandpa, cleaning my house and then we have Christmas at my brother's house. We'll probably go out for drinks after that. Sunday: This day will be a lazy day for me. Packers play the Steelers and we're supposed to get a snow storm. Looks like it'll be an appetizer/relaxation day.

• Tonight I've got a performance of A Christmas Carol 2 tomorrow and one more on Sunday.  So it will be a tiring weekend.  I'm looking forward to it though.  I am hoping that I get time to wrap presents in between the show.  I finished all of my shopping yesterday.  I was mostly excited about my trip to Hobby Lobby I was looking for fun for fabrics to wrap mine and the bridesmaids bouquets in and I found some lace that is very similar to the lace edge of my dress!!

If I'm not at the theater any other plan I have to be a couch bum or sleep.

Anniversary

• This weekend is going to be BUSY BUSY BUSY!

Tonight we're going to see an orchestra concert featuring Bean's teacher from last year. She's tickled that he's playing violin now, even thought she kind of was hoping he'd take up the cello like her. They're performing Handel's Messiah...and it's a sing-a-long...I'm a little worried about the sing-a-long part since I hold this piece very near and dear to my heart and people fuck it up a lot.

Tomorrow it's a barn day in the morning, then Bean is off to a sleepover at my brother/his gf's place. My nephew will be there too, and I'm just hoping that Bean has learned to stick up for himself against the physical and emotional beating he was getting from this nephew lately. He seemed very positive about it when we talked last night and felt that the recent break from each other was helping. So we'll see.

Meanwhile, I'll be at home putting together a slideshow/movie for the breeder of a bunch of ponies we have at the barn. I bought one of their ponies years ago, and now my trainer has 3 of them! They're the most wonderful, down to earth, wouldn't know how rich they are, genuinely good people. My trainer loved the video Bean and I put together for a music project last year and asked me to do one for this lady featuring the ponies she bred. That'll probably take me all night to do.

Sunday morning is adoption day! Callie is going home with her new family! I have to drive her to the event location about an hour away and hand over her leash. It's bitter sweet, but I'm so happy to see her going to such a kick ass family. I couldn't have hand picked a better home for her.

After that I have to race home to shower and get dressed and then head an hour in the opposite direction to my Dad's. He and my step-mom host a little pre-christmas/christmakah dinner at their place every year. They give the grandkids all their gifts then since they head up north for Christmas day.

I'm gonna be exhausted by Sunday night and need a weekend from my weekend.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Yay Friday! I'm now done babysitting until the new year (I think), which will leave me tons of time to work on my Etsy stuff and apply for jobs!

Tonight, I'm meeting BF in the city at around 6:30 to go out for my ex-roommate's birthday happy hour. I'm planning on pre-gaming a little with an angry apple - apple orchard cider and fireball, it's delicious. I'm guessing that this happy hour will extend until pretty late, but if not, BF and I may go out to eat someplace after.

Tomorrow I am (finally) getting my hair highlighted. I'm annoyed I have to go back into the city for it, but it will be worth it to not be hating my hair anymore. Hopefully I can convince BF that he has to do more Xmas shopping, and I can get him to drive me in so I don't have to take the train! I also still need to figure out a gift for my youngest sister, but other than that we literally have nothing else planned until Xmas Eve. I predict lots of snuggling on the couch, watching episodes of Friday Night Lights and Black Mirror, and wrapping present.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @buddysmom80 - OMG FACETIMEEEEEE. I can't wait till I can see your face all the time. Word of warning - if you're busy, and @swazzle is drunk, and REALLY WANTS TO FACETIME with you, and you keep hitting deny because you can't talk, she WILL keep calling. Just putting that out there.

Tonight I'm doing dinner & a movie with two girlfriends - one of them is moving to LA at the beginning of the year, so it's kind of our final girl's date. I'm super excited for her - she's needed a change of scenery for a long time, but selfishly, I'm going to miss her like crazy. 

Tomorrow I am sleeping the hell in. As long as I want. I have been exhausted all week, and I reallyyy struggled to get out of bed this morning. Once I drag my ass up, I'll have to get ready for a holiday party we're going to at a friend's house. That'll be fun - we haven't seen them in a while.

Sunday I'll probably start cleaning & packing for Christmas. BF has to work on Monday, but I don't, so we're leaving for Maine on Tuesday. I can't wait to get up there and snuggle my Momma. I haven't seen my family since May!! Oh, we'll HOPEFULLY watch the Pats on Sunday night. Assholes haven't been playing the games here the last few weeks which is really annoying - they don't even put another game on, it's just infomercials!! So, fingers crossed that they'll show it!

*******************************************************************************************

• HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Tonight, me and FI are having a date night :) idk what we're doing or where we're going though. I thought about giving him one of his Christmas presents tonight because he gave me one of mine last night. He got me the natural crocheted TOMS because thats what I had planned on wearing for our wedding. So now I have my wedding shoes! Guess I need to get a dress.

The rest of the weekend we aren't doing SHIT and I could not be more excited about it. We have such a busy week next week so we decided to enjoy the weekend and be lazy while we can.
    Anniversary

• IT'S FRIDAY!

My boss is officially gone. Today was supposed to be her last day, but I guess she poofed after yesterday and her office is cleaned out. WOOT WOOT! Best Christmas gift ever.

Tonight FI is coming up to my work place for my work office dinner party. Part holiday party and part SHE'S GONE! party.

Tomorrow we're headed up to my parents for some Christmas cookie decorating and a lot of family things. Should be a good time. Also seeing the giant light display near my house. It's a full drive though, radio stationed display.

Sunday we're meeting up with my elementary school friend and high school friend that I haven't seen in ages. One goes to college in California and the other is currently traveling with a ministry group. Can't wait to see them!

I also only work 3 days next week!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Happy Friday!

Today is my last full, real day of work at my lab. So surreal. . . 

Tonight we're having a going away party for the other student who is graduating and me at our boss' place. I also might get to see my best friend/MOH tonight - she is flying in today from London for the holidays!! 

Tomorrow morning I have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn. The person who bought our couch is coming to pick it up at 7:30. Barf. After that I will be packing. We have a cookie party to go to in the afternoon, but I don't have anything to bake. . .so, I might be freeloading. 

Sunday we will pack more and watch football. Go PACK, GO! Also, go Eagles! 
  • @LivLeighton - Yes, we plan to, I just don't know when we will have the time since he works 6 days a week for basically 12 hours a day and on Sundays we both go out for football. I guess after the holidays we'll get more serious about looking for second car. I am cranky. 

• Happy Fridayyyyy everyone!

I am so glad that this week from hell is almost over. At noon my holiday party/potluck starts and goes until 4, when I'm sure we will all just scatter. Tonight I have to get my nails done and will probably have wine on my momma's couch while we all watch Christmas movies. Sis and I will probably also figure out a cute way to tell my parents what their Christmas present is.

Tomorrow my sister and I are volunteering in Boston for "Christmas in the City", a big party put on for familes in need in the area. We have 2 time slots that we volunteered for - 11am-130pm setting up the toy room and then 2pm-430pm general party area setup. I am SO excited. We might grab a drink in the city afterward, or go shopping, or go home and drink lots of wine on the couch.

Sunday we are heading into the city around 12:30 to get there early for TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA!!! I am so effing excited I cannot even tell you. My sister went a couple years ago and said it was the most amazing thing she has ever seen, so this year we are taking our parents as their Christmas present. I am so flipping excited I could pee!!!!

Then I unfortunately have to work Monday, but after that I am off for the rest of the week! Woooot I love Christmas!!

• 1) I haven't posted in ages (what, like, maybe a year? I don't even know). So, Hi everyone!

2) I'm so glad it's the weekend, although I have to photograph a wedding tomorrow so I won't get to enjoy "weekend" until Sunday. BUT I took Monday and Tuesday off so I'll have a long Christmas weekend to frantically finish my crochet projects in time for Christmas.

3) @LivLeighton CHAMPAGNE IN A CAN? I need that. Now. For lunch. Mmmmm bubbles.

• @TwoDimes, I just discovered them at the wine store (aka packy aka liquor store). They are probably like 16 oz of wine in a little box with a screw-off cap. I'm in love. They also have champagne-in-a-can with a built-in straw. SO CLASSY.
    New England Fo Lyfe
  • wink0erin said:

1) I haven't posted in ages (what, like, maybe a year? I don't even know). So, Hi everyone!

2) I'm so glad it's the weekend, although I have to photograph a wedding tomorrow so I won't get to enjoy "weekend" until Sunday. BUT I took Monday and Tuesday off so I'll have a long Christmas weekend to frantically finish my crochet projects in time for Christmas.

3) @LivLeighton CHAMPAGNE IN A CAN? I need that. Now. For lunch. Mmmmm bubbles.

You can't just come back without updates!! Where have you been, lady!?

*******************************************************************************************

• I had my work Christmas Party last night.  It was fun.

Today, I'm the only person from the company in the office.  I guess people felt too hung over to come in…

So it'll be a quiet day at work.

Then tonight, I'm picking up the keys to my brother's place and basically am moving in there for the next few weeks to babysit his dog while he is in Italy for Christmas.  So I need to pack.  And move all my shit.  And clean up.  And pack for our own trip to Boston for Christmas.  

The next few days are just going to be a never-ending stream of to-dos.  FML.
  • @BriSox81 Oh my god I don't even know where to begin. Last April 2012 I had a super overly dramatic breakup so I kinda stopped internet for a while. I've been single since, unless you count the weird blind date I got set up on this past summer that lead to me dating the dude for 2 months in an attempt to stop being such a cold hearted biiiiotch. But, no, he was just too weird.

This year I've visited friends along the east coast, applied to grad school, got in to grad school, got offered a new job (still waiting on processing and junk so I can get my start date), shot a few weddings with my friend and have crocheted up a storm.

I think that covers it. I came back today because I overheard one of my coworkers being a bit BSC. :)

• This weekend is going to be interesting. I just dropped off Cinders at our vet's office to get spayed. They said  I cal call after 2 pm to see how she's doing and we can pick her up after 10 am tomorrow morning. I have to leave shortly to go pick up my mom because we are going to go tour our first wedding venue!!! It's a traditional historic home in the same area where @southernpeach89 got married. I've heard different things about it so I guess we'll see what happens.

Saturday I pick up Cinders from the vet and then we have another venue tour scheduled at 1 pm....again in the same area but this time at a historic mill on the Chattahoochee River. My sister also looked there but at a different section. We're having a smaller wedding than her so we're viewing a different part of the venue. Hopefully they don't have the same issues as the other one...ie...bathrooms not on the same level as the reception area. After that we're just going to stay home and chill out with our poor little puppy.

Sunday should be quiet. I might bake cookies with my mom. I think everything will be based around how the dog is doing. Poor Cinders...I miss her so much right now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards