Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Reception DJ

So, I've decided to hire a family friend as our reception DJ (mostly because DJ's are waaaaaay too expensive!). This is not his full-time job, and says he only does it for friends sometimes. Yes, I realize what I'm doing by not hiring a professional, but again, I simply cannot pass up saving $500 on this! My question is - Should we still draw up and sign a contract, or would that be taboo because he's a family friend? HELP!!

Re: Reception DJ

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would def. have a contract (even if it was my own father doing it). Contracts not only protect you, but protect the DJ.
  • edited December 2011
    Just went to a wedding this past Sat. where the bride used a friend, it was the worst reception I have ever attended, not one person danced, the mother of the bride and the bride had to make the announcements. There is a reason why pros are more. 
  • henrygomes24henrygomes24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try calling DJ Freddy from www.danceallnightdjs.com and hire a professional. Don't cut corners on the entertainment which will be one of the most imprortant parts of making a wedding a success. Hiring someone who has never done a wedding can be risky. Freddy has some great rates.
  • hiraedd432hiraedd432 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah you might want to make sure they actually work in the state you're suggesting them for. I live in Michigan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards