Not Engaged Yet

Weekend

How was everyone's weekend? It's so warm where I live, that I feel like I could've worn shorts today. I love this weather, but not right before Christmas. All the snow melted!!!

Friday my friend and I went to get manicures. I'm annoyed because I got a shellac manicure, have done NOTHING all weekend and have chips. I'm going tonight to see if they can fix it just because I'm really particular about my nails. Plus I paid $35 for a manicure that shouldn't chip for two weeks so there's that. After that, FI and I went to Verizon to look at phone since it would save us money if we went on one plan. We didn't decide on anything (I wanted to sleep on it) then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and I got drunk on sangrias.

Saturday we took Quigley to the vet for his annual appointment and he did a great job getting all his shots. We got home and transferred all the files (we thought) from my old phone to FI's computer. We ate lunch and headed out to see our first venue (which we'll probably book with). The place is GORGEOUS and the woman who coordinates the whole thing was wonderful to deal with. We had reservations to see a venue we were "meh" about and we were so blown away by this place we cancelled on the "meh" venue. FI wants to look at one more venue that he likes on Saturday and from there we'll make our decision, but we're 99% sure it's going to be the place we looked at last Saturday. After venue scouting we went to Verizon (again) and picked up my phone, which I love. We ate dinner then went to FI's friend's house to play CAH and drink shitty beer.

Sunday we met up with my parents in New York to have dinner. We showed them the venue and other ideas I had and they were blown away by the fact that I've been so organized/calm/non-bridezilla so far. We'll see how that pans out through the year.

Also, I kind of want this week and next week to be over with since I'm working 6am-4:30pm both weeks except for Christmas and New Year's Day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Weekend

• Hi!
    @buddysmom80 Why were your parents "blown away by the fact that I've been so organized/calm/non-bridezilla so far"??

Friday I went to a holiday party at my supervisor's house with H. It was really fun to chat with those coworkers outside of work, and H was surprisingly chatty. Which was awesome.

The rest of the weekend was just grocery shopping, online and offline Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, and watching Brothers and Sisters on Netflix.

It seems dead in my office, and I am low on things to do so I'm thinking about taking Thursday and Friday off. We'll see how that pans out.

• @tuarceatha when my house was in escrow last year I was pretty much freaking out the whole time since I didn't really know what was going on, everyone said everything was fine and I had no control over the situation, so I'm thinking they were expecting the same thing now, but I haven't had those feels (yet).

You reminded me I have to go to the grocery store, which is just as crazy as going shopping this time of year. Do you think I could get away with not making dinner the rest of this week?

It's slow here at work too, I have 5 surgical cases I have to clear for the WEEK so I might just bang them all out now and twiddle my thumbs until next year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I think you could totally skip dinner making all week. I had cereal for dinner last night because H's attempt at a new recipe failed. I had two bowls of Life. I could eat that shtuff for all three meals in a day, if they'd let me.
  • I think I could get away with it too. I'm making lasagna tomorrow night and it's a big pan so that should last us until Sunday. I'll send FI to the store to get stuff to make garlic bread though. I can't have lasagna without garlic bread.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My weekend has been full of ups and downs.

Friday my mom and I visited our first venue and I fell absolutely IN LOVE with it! I couldn't imagine a more beautiful location and I could definitely see msyelf getting married there...plus they fit very comfortably within our budget. There are some semi big buts for me though. They laid out a time slot of 7 pm to midnight (7:30 pm ceremony) and I honestly feel like this is way too late for my crowd. Maybe not for my friends...but I can't imagine this will be much fun  for the elderly people and family members attending. Basically nobody would get their actual dinner until probably 8:30 or 9. That evening FI and I just hung out at home and made nachos and watched TV until we fell asleep.

Saturday I picked Cinders up from the vet. She had to stay overnight so they could observe her after her spay surgery. She slept the whole way home in the car but now she's acting like nothing ever happened and all of her puppy energy is back. It's been pretty tough keeping her quiet so her wound can heal. FI was pretty much sick all day again (he's been coughing for over 3 weeks) so I went to the 2nd venue appointment just my mom and @southernpeach89. I also thought this venue was very pretty but there were some things I didn't like about it. One thing was that there would be another venue going on at essentially the same time as ours in another part of the venue complex. It's split into two halls basically and semi separated...but I'm not very happy about the idea of sharing it with someone else's wedding...especially since we would probably want to take our pictures in the same locations. I also didn't like the bridal suite. It was basically a 5 by 5 closet in the middle of the building so no windows, had two ugly chairs, and a dresser stuffed into and some hooks for dresses to hang on. I feel like I shouldn't base my decision on a shitty bridal suite...but I seriously have no desire to spend an hour and a half of my time stuffed in there with my bridesmaids.

I've scheduled an appointment with another venue on Saturday (where @southernpeach89 had her RD) and I really like them a lot. They've been extremely responsive and have a date in October. I'm worried their ballroom may be a little too small though...even though we don't have a huge guest list. I've also contacted a 4th venue and hope to schedule an appointment with them soon. Once I see these other two venues I think I'll be able to make a decision.

Sunday was our no-good day. We forgot to check the mail Saturday so when I went out to get it I discovered that I've been subpoenaed to appear in court in early January. I reported a wrong-way driver earlier this year on Super Bowl Sunday. I heard from the county clerk's office several months ago regarding the case but they told me they wouldn't need me because they were going to do a deal with the person...guess that fell through. So that was a fun way to start the day. Later that night I decided to do a load of laundry. FI and I heard a splashing sound in the basement and went to check it out and discovered that our washing machine had overflowed. As we're draining the water out we're noticing that more keeps flowing in to the washing machine tub and that there's now a smell. Somehow our septic line started to reverse flow into our wash machine...so now we've got sewage in our basement. So awesome.... Thankfully we have a home warranty and we're apparently covered for whatever is actually going on...whether that's an overful septic tank or a blocked line. FI and I think it's probably related to the excessive amount of rain we had yesterday plus other contributing factors. They aren't able to get a plumber and a septic company out to us until this afternoon so I guess we'll find out. I'm just super unhappy about the entire situation right now. Thank goodness my parent's live nearby and let us use their shower and washing machine. I washed all of our clothes twice using their machine's sanitary cycle and FI and I both got to shower at their house.

• edited December 2013

@buddysmom80- I'm glad you guys visited a venue that you loved! @lmhollister and I looked at a venue this weekend that was nice but I think she likes the first one she visited too.

This weekend was fun but very exhausting. I'm definitely already on my second cup of coffee at work right now. So Friday night I was planning to go workout after work but instead I just wanted to chill so I went home and had dinner with my parents. I got my new SS card in the mail so I'm officially no longer using my maiden name...It's fun to get mail with my new name on it lol.

Saturday I was feeling icky so my plans kind of moved around a bit for that day. I went with @lmhollister to go visit a wedding venue. We liked it but she still has more to visit and this one probably won't end up being the one she choses. That night I just hung out with my parents again since H was hunting all this weekend in South Georgia.

Sunday I was at church all day but I loved it. I get to hang out with my Sunday school class and they are so funny. I love the things kids say.

Today I'm tired. Tonight we are going to our Christmas Eve service at church and wrapping gifts lol. We are so late.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I made Banana Bread for the first time this weekend and I put an orange glaze on top of it. NOMS! I love it. My dad didn't like it but my mom did so there!

• Mmmm garlic bread. And yea, send someone else!

I just realized this morning I have absolutely NOTHING I want to wear tomorrow or Christmas. I freaking hate that. There will be so many pictures, and then people could tell if I wear what I wore last year or the year before...
  • @tuarceatha I would wear the same outfit every year to confuse people hahaha. Are you going to a lot of different places tomorrow and Wednesday? I think we're staying home both days, we might go to my friend's Christmas night, but I have to wake up at 4am Thursday so we won't be staying out late.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @lmhollister holy crap you looked a lot of venues this weekend! I told myself I wasn't going to look at more than three a weekend since I would probably start to get confused after a while. That's what happened to me when I was looking at houses, after a while they all started looking the same. Did you guys nail down a specific date yet?

We want to do an evening wedding too but I didn't think about older guests. To be honest, the only "older" guests would be my parents, their best friends and FI's mom. Everyone else are friends that are our age.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • haha I just might do that.

Tomorrow my sisters and father will come over for lunch and gift exchanging. Then H and I will go to my MIL/BIL/SIL's house for the rest of the evening. And Wednesday H and I will go to my mother's house and celebrate with her and my sisters before heading back to the Mr.'s family celebration. So a few places. It sounds complicated now that I've written it out. ha
  • Friday night my friend and I tried to go see American Hustle. It didn't work out. There was no parking anywhere near the theater. We get to the theater, tell them what we want to see, and they let us know it's cash only. So we walk down the block to the bank to get cash. Come back, and they let us know that, OOPS!, they forgot to tell us that if we want to see the movie there are only 15 seats left so we'll be sitting separately and in the front row. No thanks. Then we tried to go to a bar down the street and it was SO crowded with no hope of a table and I just couldn't handle it. So we went to a different bar and talked for a few hours and then I came home. She gave me a gorgeous necklace from JCrew for Christmas, and I gave her the print I talked about last week. 

Saturday Mo and I got together and watched Blades of Glory and exchanged Christmas gifts. He loves Duck Dynasty (I'm so mad about all those comments coming so close to Christmas, because it marred my gift a little) so I made him Duck Dynasty pillowcases and got him a Si action figure (we always liked getting little action figures and putting them in our plants -- we mostly had Toy Story and other Pixar figures). He got me hedgehog socks, ordered all the way from England because they were sold out everywhere (I'd mentioned I wanted a pair), a gift certificate for our favorite local bar, and a Piggly Wiggly coozie -- we both love Charleston and our favorite Piggly Wiggly went out of business so this is a souvenir. Very sweet. 

At night B and I went out with his roommate and roommate's new girlfriend to a sushi place that B and his roommate picked. It was horrifically expensive. I ordered very little, knowing that I'd be responsible for my meal and B's...turns out his roommate just expected to split it, so my half of the bill was almost $200. I about died. Then we went out to ANOTHER place for drinks that were expensive. I'm trying not to be a bitch about this, but I already took B out to an $80 meal ON his birthday, plus presents, cake, cupcakes delivered to his work, etc. I wasn't expecting this and my bank account is sad. It was a pretty fun night though.

Yesterday my boss came over and we gossiped and she took photos for my holiday cards. I'm hoping they came out well. In the afternoon we went to B's dad's side of the family for Christmas and it was just really horrible. Too many bad things to list here but I think my favorite was his aunt saying she hopes I satisfy Brian sexually because he's so hot that any girl would want to fuck him and I should get him a chastity belt. I was in a pretty bad mood after that whole ordeal and we just came home and went to bed.
    Omg, Liv. I freaking hate those situations (bolded above). I'm glad you still had a good time though.
  • @livleighton I still can't get over B's aunt's comment. My aunt says some pretty out of left field stuff, but I don't think she'd say it to the person it was about (if that makes any sense). And $200 for dinner, holy crap!!! I feel your pain!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • The weekend was fun. Friday night FI went with me to my little office dinner/holiday party thing at the Mexican restaurant across the street. It was a ton of fun and he got along great with my other crazy coworkers!

Saturday we headed up to my parents'. Ran a ton of errands getting last minute gifts that we needed in town. Made white trash (family recipe) and Christmas cookies. My parents got FI a coffee grinder which he's in love with. Finished up that night with Bright Nights up in MA. My favorite quote from FI this weekend was "If I can't have you for Christmas, at least I can have you for one bright night." I died of cuteness.

Yesterday we met up with some of my old friends at the local mall. Had a lot of fun chatting with them and just catching up. FI decided last minute to do the Stuff-a-Cruiser event and went and got $60 worth of toys to give them. One was even a police cruiser!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @TwoDimes Lol don't worry! I've been making corny shit related jokes since last night.

@buddysmom80 We only saw two venues. ;) I have one scheduled for this weekend...and I'm hoping to schedule a second one for the same day if I can but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I just want to get something locked in so I can get the venue knocked out. I feel like once we get this one thing done everything else will just fall in to place.

• @TwoDimes Lol don't worry! I've been making corny shit related jokes since last night.

@buddysmom80 We only saw two venues. ;) I have one scheduled for this weekend...and I'm hoping to schedule a second one for the same day if I can but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I just want to get something locked in so I can get the venue knocked out. I feel like once we get this one thing done everything else will just fall in to place.

I feel the same way too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My weekend was pretty relaxing. Friday night I met up with BF in the city and we went to a bar for my old roommate's birthday. I saw a bunch of her friends I haven't seen in 2 years (when I moved out, and the roommate and I stopped speaking for about a year and half), and it was SO good to see all these people again. We got the most delicious chicken nuggets and french fries at the bar, and drank some tasty cocktails. At one point I ordered a drink called a "floozy" which was bright pink and sweet and came with a daisy floating in it - BF tried a sip and immediately ordered one of his own, I congratulated him on being so comfortable with his sexuality. We ended up staying out with my ex-roommate and her BF after everyone else had left, and on a bathroom trip she confided in me that her and her BF were on the verge of breaking up for good. I feel bad for her, but I'm also happy that we're this "close" again, and that she feels comfortable telling me things like this.

Saturday I went into the city to get my hair highlighted, and I don't think I'm happy with the results. I'm trying not to totally freak out about it, but I think it looks cheap and orangey-ish, and I kind of wish I could go back to my non-highlighted hair. Hopefully it will look a little better once I wash it and it fades a bit. Blegh.

Yesterday BF and I were super lazy all day. We watched a pretty good documentary (Brooklyn Castle), and several episodes of Friday Night Lights. We cleaned a little AND I wrapped all of the presents I bought. I am 97% ready for Xmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My weekend was pretty good, except by Friday I was sick with a cold. The weather was great though. I had performances all weekend of A Christmas Carol, while fun, performing sick is a challenge I wanted to be home sleeping.

I'm at work today I feel like crap and really just want to go home. I have 4 conferences call that are important to get through, and tomorrow I can work from home.  I am really hoping that by Christmas I am mostly better.  I just need to get to bed early tonight.

Anniversary

• @lmhollister, @livleighton, what lousy weekends! I hope life settles down soon again.

@buddysmom80, glad you found a venue you like so much!

My weekend was okay. Friday night ... I think we sat around basically? I don't remember what we did Friday.

Saturday I did indeed get up stupid early to watch Christmas specials while I cleaned, but they didn't air most of my favorites and I am disappointed. We went to Catching Fire in the afternoon, and that was really good. Then we watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in the evening, which was good for the portions of it I was awake for. I took a nap during the movie, and apparently I growled at BF when he tried to wake me up.

Yesterday we watched football and cleaned more. The place is cleaner than it's been in almost a month. I also started knitting a little bag that has beading in it. It's close to how I envisioned Hermione's beaded bag's appearance when I read Deathly Hallows.

No work today, tomorrow, or Wednesday for me!
  • I had a pretty relaxing weekend too. 

Friday night I went to dinner with two girlfriends - one of them is moving to LA in January, so it was kind of a "goodbye" dinner for her. She had wanted to go see Anchorman 2, but I convinced her that we should just stay at the bar and hang out, since she was leaving us! We just went to Applebees - because it was the restaurant closest to the theatre we were going to, and we sat at our table for like 3.5 hours and chatted and laughed. I think our waitress wanted to kill us. 

Saturday I slept in till like 1030, just because I could. I needed to catch up on some sleep, and I felt so much better. We hung out at home for a while, and then went to our friend's house for a Christmas party. It was pretty much all family, except for BF & me, and one other friend, and it was SO much fun. Their family is nuts, and I felt right at home. 

Except for the point when BF told me he got me a pony for Christmas. Unfortunately, he doesn't know what "pony" is code name for around here, or that it made me almost puke. Sigh. 

Yesterday we just relaxed all day. We wrapped all of our presents, ordered food, and watched SVU all. day. long. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I didn't do much this weekend. On Friday I got together with two really good friends I haven't seen in forever. It was really nice to catch up. Saturday and Sunday were just days of being lazy. I'm visiting my parents and there isn't really a lot to do.

BF has a job interview this morning. He's had a lot of interviews lately so hopefully he will land a job soon!

• Ladies.

I spent yesterday with my future sister-in-law (she is married to my partner's brother). She is horrible. Some highlights:

She pretty much took several shits on our wedding. She told us that we shouldn't assign tables because then all of our guests will complain. She told us not to register because everyone would buy us doubles anyway, and SHE was able to buy a HOUSE because she didn't register. She told us that we shouldn't go to Aruba for our honeymoon because there's no culture there and she couldn't IMAGINE going on a vacation where she just sat around all day being lazy. She told me that we should do real flowers for our wedding, and told us to let her do them. This is the woman who made guests (MADE guests--it was not a request) bring flowers to her wedding and set them up in centerpieces.

I also got to deal with her kicking her abused dog, verbally abusing her husband in the car when he was driving us home, making snide comments about how badly I decorated my part of the Christmas tree*, telling me that I couldn't say that I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas because I had said we were going to register for gifts, so OBVIOUSLY I should just ask for what we'd register for (yeah, because I REALLY want YOU picking out which plates we're going to have), and her telling me (not me and my partner--just me) to bring an appetizer for Christmas. Not asking; I was instructed to bring an appetizer. We cheated (WE: because my partner and I are a fucking team and this is his family's Christmas) and bought frozen ones.

I had a meltdown after we got home, and so my partner and I came up with a new game plan. She is not invited to our apartment anymore (when she was there for my partner's surprise party, she didn't speak to me the entire night, ignored my friend when my friend tried to talk with her, and went through our kitchen drawers and cabinets). Additionally, we're going to come up with a signal that means that the other person has to either call this lady out on her shit, OR come up with an escape plan immediately. So, if one of us does the signal, the other one can say something like, "Actually, I agree with [partner]; we do not want to have a Christmas tree. Good for you for liking Christmas trees, but will you please stop shitting on our decision not to have one?" or, "Hey, [partner], I think I have something in my eye; will you come into the bathroom and see if you can tell me what it is?"

tl;dr: my future sister-in-law is one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met and she drove me fucking nuts yesterday.

* This was the FIRST TIME in my life I had ever decorated a Christmas tree, and I was really uncomfortable and anxious about it. I know that sounds really silly, but it's a tradition I had never taken part in. My partner and his parents kept reassuring me, "Oh, there's no wrong way to do it! Just loop the hook anywhere!" And after I decided I was tired of decorating, and had decorated a lot of the back of the tree, Ms Assface steps back and says, "Oh my GOD, you guys did a terrible job with the back of the tree! There's barely anything on here!"
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • edited December 2013

We had a great weekend. Saturday we hosted Christmas for H's side of the family. We did a brunch thing, opened stockings & gifts, played games and had a great time. BIL & SIL are preggers and due in June, so H and I got them a set of 3 Bronco's onsies (they're HUGE Bronco's fans). My SIL said they're going to take a picture of them with these hung on a clothes line with their expected due date in the background for their baby announcement. So excited to become an auntie!

Denver Broncos 3-pk. Creepers - Baby

H got me a new coat which I LOVE and am already wearing today. It's so cozy and warm...especially since we got snow last night and it was only 8 degrees this morning. It even has a hood!

Apt. 9 Hooded Coat - Women's

My MIL got me a new rustic pillow for my couch. This one is a similar style, but mine says "it's all about family".

Sunday we packed for our trip, cleaned the house (it's so pretty!) and watched our beloved Bronco's take another WIN! H got a new Manning jersey for Christmas from his brother. Here's H and Remi watching the game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

All in all it was an awesome weekend and I can hardly wait until we fly out to MD/DC tomorrow morning to see all of my family and do Christmas all over again!

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    @Phira - What a bitch! There isn't a wrong way to decorate a damn tree and I'm sure whatever you did was perfectly fine. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that!

ETA: @Allusive007 - I love all the Broncos happiness going on in your post!

• @phira holy shit, she's a whack-job. First of all, it's your FIRST Chrismtmas tree, second just as @bethsmiles said, there's no WRONG way to decorate a tree. People are going to shit on your ideas all the time, but she really takes the cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 @bethsmiles She's just amazingly awful. My partner's family is Catholic, so divorce is a 4-letter word. Everyone is just miserable because either we're stuck with her FOREVER or my future brother-in-law will have to *gasp* get a divorce.

My partner says he cannot talk to his brother about this, and I mostly understand. We're going back to our therapist to try to figure out some solutions so we can handle her better as a team. If she takes another shit on our wedding, I honestly might get nasty, though. Her wedding was AWFUL; it was a huge etiquette hot mess, and even if it hadn't been, it still wouldn't have been any fun to attend. Maybe next time she comments on how terrible our wedding sounds, in that obnoxiously backhanded "not REALLY overtly rude" way, I'll just say, "Well, I'd rather make my own paper flowers than tell my guests they have to bring them," and then saunter away like a badass.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira I understand the whole divorce=4-letter word thing. My friend's H is an asshole and everyone wants them to get a divorce but they're Catholic, so she's stuck with an asshole.

I think you guys have a good system going on right now. The whole give each other a signal to know that you are or he is annoyed. Don't let her get to you, because at the end of the day it's your guys wedding and her opinion doesn't matter. FWIW my mom shit on my idea for a photographer because she's used to seeing the old-school wedding photos and she's like "why is she taking pictures of the bride's SHOES??? You want to pay money for this?" I just smiled and nodded.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited December 2013
    @Phira - What a bitch! There isn't a wrong way to decorate a damn tree and I'm sure whatever you did was perfectly fine. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that!

ETA: @Allusive007 - I love all the Broncos happiness going on in your post!

H is WAY too proud of that jersey! The entire game he was like "don't spill your coffee on my jersey", "I don't think i'll pack my jersey in my suitcase, a bag checker might steal it", "Don't wash my jersey, I don't want to get stains on it".

Really?!? haha. I'm glad he loves it though. And the baby onesies are super cute. So tiny!

• I had a good weekend.

Friday night I spent packing, holy hell I didn't realize how much shit I have!!! I have a bunch of clothes I need to take to platos closet and see if I can sell.

Saturday, bf went golfing with bossman, I did some shopping, then we went to a coworkers Christmas party. There's a running joke that bossman is the grand poo-bah(or however the fuck you spell it), so our coworker pulled out this....

It was nice because it was the first time bf and I have been out with coworkers outside of just bossman or one of the other supervisors.

Sunday was football and groceries . Yaaaaaaay bengals, eagles and bills. Fuuuuuuuuuuck Dallas!!!!
  • Fuck.... The picture didn't attach.....
  • @lmhollister, yikes to the washing machine situation! Lovely holiday surprise. =/
    @LivLeighton, just...wow. Um...so yeah, B's aunt is just slightly cray, and that's just really awkward! How did he feel about that statement?
    @Phira, whoa, FSIL needs to just shut her mouth, because seriously, how can you decorate a Christmas tree "wrong?" It's awesome that you have your partner's back and he's got yours; that will make it much easier to deal with.

Hm. So this weekend was whatever. Friday night I just chilled at home. I made cheeseburger soup and started knitting again randomly. I am working on a scarf since I realized I didn't have one that matched my coat. I am enjoying the process; however, now that it's 60 frickin' degrees outside, I'm not sure what the point was!

Saturday I worked during the day, had a mini-training session with Maggie. She is a little genius! (I may be exaggerating slightly, but OMG, she's doing so well.) Then a high school friend that I recently reconnected with invited me over to play a role-playing game with his new wife and their posse, which I've never done before. Overall, it was pretty fun. I'm not much for the whole fantasy kind of things - elves and whatnot - but it was sufficiently diverting that I would probably do it again. So that was fun, and yay, I tried something new!

Sunday I worked again and then came home and randomly wound up taking a two-hour nap. Where it came from, I don't know. Played with the pup, finished reading a book, and had a nice early bedtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards