Wedding Party

Matron(s) of Honor????

khunter2908khunter2908 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited December 2013 in Wedding Party
I was the maid of honor in my sisters wedding. Naturally it is assumed she will be in mine as well...which I DO want her to be. But I also have a really close friend that I want as my matron of honor as well. She has been my friend/sister/mother all rolled into one person. My family thinks it's rude of me to have two MOH and that my sister would be really hurt if I asked my friend as well but I think my friend would also be a little hurt. I don't know what to do because I want them both. When it comes down to it, my sister would be the first one standing by my side during the ceremony so does that mean I should just have my sister and have my friend be the next in line and kind of explain the situation to her?

Re: Matron(s) of Honor????

• Do it. It's your wedding and if you can't decide in your heart who to pick, then you should have them both. I also think when you ask them you should sit down with your sister yourself and explain that. I'm sure she'll understand having had all of you around for a long time.

I have a friend who is doing the exact same thing. Her sister is actually loving the idea as she has 3 little ones at home and can share the responsibilities with someone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's completely fine. Or, since there is no difference, just have all bridesmaids. 
  • I was the maid of honor in my sisters wedding. Naturally it is assumed she will be in mine as well...which I DO want her to be. But I also have a really close friend that I want as my matron of honor as well. She has been my friend/sister/mother all rolled into one person. My family thinks it's rude of me to have two MOH and that my sister would be really hurt if I asked my friend as well but I think my friend would also be a little hurt. I don't know what to do because I want them both. When it comes down to it, my sister would be the first one standing by my side during the ceremony so does that mean I should just have my sister and have my friend be the next in line and kind of explain the situation to her?
    I too couldn't decide between my sister and BFF, so I had both as my MOHs.  Don't worry about your families opinions on your BP.  You are the only one who should be picking your BP members.  If that is having your sister and BFF as your MOHs, then go ahead and ask them.
  • Thank everyone so so much! I just dont want to start any drama but I think my sister will understand..eventually. I will ask them both and my FH sister (to be a bridesmaid) and wait on the rest...a lot can happen in 1.5 years. Thanks!!
  • I have 2 MOHs (one matron, one maid) because I could not choose between my best friend and my sister. I didn't explain that to them, I just both asked if they wanted to be my matron/maid of honor.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards