Texas-Houston

March Weather - gulf coast beaches - mid-to-upper 60's- too cool?

AndreaJ200AndreaJ200 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2014 in Texas-Houston

Anyways, my new plan is to do a Texas Gulf Coast beach wedding....but I'm concerned about the weather in March.  Based on what I've read, it looks like there is a wide range of temperatures depending on whether there's a warm front or a cold front, but average temperature is in the mid to upper 60's.  Is this too cold to be spending a weekend on the beach?  Obviously seems too cold to get in the water, which is fine, but just being on the beach????  I'm used to going to the beach when it's hot, not so much slightly warm....but what are you all's thoughts....?  Does a sunny 67 seem okay for beach weather or too cold?

Re: March Weather - gulf coast beaches - mid-to-upper 60's- too cool?

• Weather is unpredictable. HOUSTON weather even more so. Plan your beach wedding (with the proper permits, rentals, etc.) and then PLEASE create and fall in love with a Plan B as well. One that has heating/AC, four walls, and chairs. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • The venue we are looking at tomorrow has 4 walls with a ceremony setup outdoors on the beach.  No heat or a/c though, because one of the walls has large sections that open up to the outside and it has ceiling fans.  So, worst case scenario, we hold the ceremony indoors if it's raining.  If it's cold, we can keep it all open and rent heaters I suppose, or just keep it closed altogether.  It's not so much about the rain or out of the ordinary weather, I'm just trying to see what people think of mid-to-upper 60's temperature wise....

I suppose if it's on the cooler side, maybe I could pass out pashimas as wedding favors or something....
  • I think that sounds fine, but try to have your ceremony before the sun sets.  It will definitely be too cold if the sun isn't shining on you.  

And like pps, I think you can have an amazing wedding, but you must have a good plan B, which it sounds like you're thinking about.  

SaveSave
  • Where is the venue? And what is the name!!! Sounds beautiful!!
  • I think the temperature will be fine as long as the sun is out.  Once the sun goes down, it will get chilly/cold.  Good luck!

• Yes, yes, yes.....have a plan B.  Good luck with your wedding.
  • I think it sounds like a great set up but I agree....have a complete back up plan so that you have something to fall back on.  Lots of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards