Registry and Gift Forum

Williams-Sonoma & WS Home vs. Pottery Barn: what are the differences?

I know that Williams-Sonoma also owns Pottery Barn and a few other stores, but I'm trying to figure out what the real difference is between the products at Williams-Sonoma compared to Pottery Barn so I know which suits my fiancee and I better when registering. It seems Pottery Barn has more home goods while W-S has more cooking and kitchenware. Is my comparison correct? What are the other main differences between the two?

Re: Williams-Sonoma & WS Home vs. Pottery Barn: what are the differences?

• @sarahtrg - you are correct with your comparison.  You might also want to check out Macy's if there is one in your area.  My daughter and SIL were able to buy beautiful furniture with the discount that was applied from the gifts people purchased for them.  Macy's has a great selection and is often less expensive than Williams-Sonoma. Grooms have fun at the Macy's appointment because they are given a scanner and have fun playing with the gadget.   I always suggest that brides select a list from a wide range of prices to suit all of your guests.  
  • Yes that's the main difference.  WS Home is similar to pottery barn but vastly more expensive for items in a very similar style.  That never made sense to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards