Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

Hi ladies!  I'm back from our trip to India (will ask H to send me some of the pictures we took) and still recovering from jet lag but thought I would start off a new thread for today as I'm back at work all day. 

I saw that I missed a few engagements too @buddysmom80 and @lmhollister and @natswild .... major congrats to you lovely ladies!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thankful to have spent a wonderful Chirstmas/holiday time with our families in two different countries.

I'm thankful for not being on a plane anymore (30 hours of travel = major meltdown by me).

I'm thankful for a husband who can deal with said plane-melt down.

I'm thankful for all of you ladies who listen to me vent, complain and get excited about silly stuff.

I'm thankful it is almost 2014 as this year has been rough generally speaking.

Re: Thankful Thursday

• edited December 2013
    I'm thankful that BF and I were able to spend time with each other's families at Christmas without having to miss celebrations.

I'm thankful for water this morning -- I'm still hungover. BF's grandma just kept filling my wineglass all day long. And I'm a total lightweight. With apparently no self-control.

I'm thankful that the car started this morning / last night / generally this weekend, as my car has electrical bugs that only show up when it's cold.

I'm thankful for the lovely gifts my friends and family got me, and I'm really glad they liked the ones I got them.

I'm thankful that today is a quiet day at work, which is letting me catch up on my class from last semester. I had to take an incomplete - how humiliating!

ETA: I'm really thankful for BF's grandma. She's giving me insight into why BF acts/reacts the way he does. Without going into too much, I know we'll be having more conversations so that she can help me understand him (since sometimes he's really unhelpful himself).
  • @TwoDimes - I feel your pain on spending Christmas apart from your BF! BF and I have spent 5 Christmases 600 miles apart now and hopefully this will be the last time!

I'm thankful that I'm super close to finishing the first three chapters of my thesis.

I'm thankful that I've gotten to see some of my really good friends again after a year of not seeing them!

I'm thankful that my family had a drama-free Christmas.

• I am thankful for friends that remind me that even though my family royally sucks sometimes, I have another family in them. I am thankful for a bf that reminds me to breath even though I'm freaking out about getting out of my house by this weekend. I am thankful for awesome grand units who know how to soothe my crazy holiday issues
  • I'm thankful for a flexible boss who let me come in to work extremely late today.

I'm thankful for my amazing FI...who comes up with the best Christmas surprises and who knows and does all the nitty gritty homeowner stuff so I don't have to.

I'm thankful for my family...they are always generous and loving.

I'm thankful for my parents...who love me as I am, respect me as an independent adult, and are proud of me always.

I'm thankful for my dog. She cheers me up me when I'm the worst of moods and always manages to do something to make me smile.

• @TwoDimes - We made the same agreement. We still haven't figured out how we are going to do the holidays once we are engaged or married. I'm pretty sure my mom will want us to spend every Christmas with my family. I'm not looking forward to dealing with that!

• @twodimes and @bethsmiles I have friends who still do the holidays separately as a married couple. Make sure to stand your ground when you change your traditions.

I'm thankful for our good friend that drove his truck and towed a trailer of our stuff that didnt fit for the move down here. I will be grateful to him for a long time.

I'm thankful for my family - we are just so stinkin amazing and I love hanging out with us lol

I'm thankful for good times with friends and can't wait for them to continue while we're in town for the holidays.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Hey loves - I hope you all had a great time with your families for the holiday. 

Being thankful. . . I'll give it a shot. 

I am thankful that I passed my thesis defense. . . even though I have a ton of edits to do and I'm losing my mind doing them, at least the true hard part is over. 

I am thankful for my awesome husband. He is doing so much to make the move to MD easier on me. 

I am thankful for good friends. 

I am thankful that Aaron Rodgers is starting QB for the Packers this week. I hope I get to watch the game (we're moving into our new place Sunday).
  • I'm thankful for being able to spend Christmas with my FI. I'm also thankful that he had this week off!

I'm thankful for the 2 weeks off each year. I don't know what I would do without this breather.

I'm thankful for all of the generosity people display this time of year.

I'm thankful for deeply discounted holiday ornaments and decorations today....holiday hoarder right here.
  • @TwoDimes - represent! Bears fans are intolerable! If they win on Sunday I'll be so glad that I don't live in Chicago anymore, because they'll act like they won the damn Superbowl. 
  • @CASK85 - Yeah the game is going to be really interesting.  H is a Bears fan and, since my family is all from Wisconsin, we are Packer fans (I don't really get into it though) so there will be tons of texts/calls in between H and my family members that day.  I was *this* close to getting H and my mom tickets to the game for Christmas so they could duke it out, so to speak, in person....decided that might be a bad idea though.  ;)
  • I'm thankful for getting a loooooooooot of extra hours at work this week. And I'm also thankful that my favorite holiday is tomorrow: PAYDAY, BITCHESSSSSSS.

I'm thankful for my awesome co-workers, who are so much fun to work with and are just generally terrific people.

I'm thankful for my girlfriends, IRL and online. They have been my rock through this ridiculously trying year.

I'm thankful for this ridiculous puppy. Even when she drives me bananas with her antics, she reminds me that the show must go on and I need to pull myself together and do it.

Like @minskat30, I am very thankful that 2014 is about to roll in. I keep telling myself that next year will be better (even though I'll be single, broke, and about to make a pretty tough transition from school into The Working World...on second thought, I'm glad that 2015 is now only slightly more than a year away!).

And when all else fails, such as today, I'm thankful for wine, chocolate, and bad movies.
  • I'm thankful for the amazing Christmas I got to spend with my family. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have dreamed of a better first Christmas for my little prince.

I'm thankful for my baby boy. He has brought so much happiness and love to my family when we needed it most.

I'm thankful that I am able to work part time. I have just over a week of maternity leave left and I'm so excited to go back and make money but still spend time with my boy. Bf works hard to make that possible and I'm so lucky.
  • Welcome back @minskat30! Can't wait to see pictures! I'm thankful that H and I are able to see all our family this holiday and have a Christmas with each of them! I'm thankful that my first week at the new job went well and I hope it continues to be something I enjoy doing. I'm thankful for my H and how much he cares about others. He really goes above and beyond for his family and friends and I'm blessed to have such a loving husband.
  • TwoDimes said:
    minskat30 said:
    @CASK85 - Yeah the game is going to be really interesting.  H is a Bears fan and, since my family is all from Wisconsin, we are Packer fans (I don't really get into it though) so there will be tons of texts/calls in between H and my family members that day.  I was *this* close to getting H and my mom tickets to the game for Christmas so they could duke it out, so to speak, in person....decided that might be a bad idea though.  ;)
    BF (Bears fan) and I (Packers fan) have been to two Bears-Packers games at Soldier Field together, and we've survived! :) The hardest part is the heckling, actually. BF always gets other Bears fans coming up to him asking, "Is she really worth it?" He always answers yes, so I think we are in the clear!

We went to the playoff game in January 2010 (Packers won!!) and we walked out of the stadium after the game hand-in-hand. Apparently it was an usual sight because a Chicago news crew came over to interview us about the rivalry. My 15-seconds of fame, lol.

ETA: Tickets are crazy expensive though, so I don't blame you for skipping it, @Minskat30!
    Ha!  That is funny about the heckling.  I'm sure I'd get the same thing if I went (and hopefully H would reply the same).  :)
  • Welcome back @minskat30! Can't wait to see pictures! I'm thankful that H and I are able to see all our family this holiday and have a Christmas with each of them! I'm thankful that my first week at the new job went well and I hope it continues to be something I enjoy doing. I'm thankful for my H and how much he cares about others. He really goes above and beyond for his family and friends and I'm blessed to have such a loving husband.
    Thank you @souternpeach89 - I'm so glad to be back.  I love H's family but India just gives me a headache sometimes with all the noise, pollution and overcrowding.  All the lovely family members more than make up for it though.
  • @Amapola14 - 2014 will be better for you, I'm sure of it.  And I too and grateful for the wine that got me through this year. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards