Not Engaged Yet

Almost the weekend!

Happy holidays to all the NEY ladies. Hope you had a great Christmas (those who celebrate) and have an awesome New Year's.

My internal clock is all confused. I had yesterday off, but I'm working today and then it's the weekend. Like what is going on? Very muddled. Oh well. 

This weekend will be a chill one. I'm headed to FI's tonight and having mini Christmas with his family since I was with mine for the holiday. Going to cozy up and hang out and not do much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Almost the weekend!

• @Kait - Have fun with your mini Christmas this weekend.

This weekend I'm going to get back into my workout every day routine and am taking a Werq (hip-hop/top-40 dance class) this Saturday and a Kickboxing class on Sunday.  H and I plan to hit up a movie on Saturday night...not sure what (maybe the Wallstreet one that is out) and we will watch the Packer/Bear game on Sunday.  Should be a good weekend.

• @Kait Have a wonderful Christmas with your FI's family this weekend!

This weekend is sort of a busy one for me. Tonight FI, myself, and my parents are meeting my BFF (and BM) and her parents for apps and dinner at Bonefish. We've been friends for something like 13 years now and her mom is like a second mom to me. BFF's mom was so excited when she found out about our engagment that she insisted on going out and celebrating and talking wedding stuff. My BFF's sister got married about a month before @southernpeach89 did.

Tomorrow I have two wedding venue tours scheduled. One at 11:30 at the location where @southernpeach89 had her RD and the second at a location one of my BM's recommended to me. I'm a little unsure about the second location because I'm completely unfamiliar with the area...and the parts that I am familiar with are kind of shady and sketchy. But apparently I haven't seen the nice historic areas of the town so I guess we'll see. I'm really hoping to get something nailed down after this weekend. The venue that I adored last Friday hasn't emailed me back yet about time flexibility. I'm hoping for a response today otherwise I guess they'll just have to be out of the running. I'm trying to give some leeway because of the holidays.

Sunday morning I am meeting my BFF/BM for a movie. We're going to see Frozen and I am ridiculously excited! After the movie we're going to get lunch and then I plan on going home and spending some well deserved one on one time with FI. With all of the drama with our septic tank and then the holidays we've barely spent any time in our own home for the last week and I miss our normal schedule.

• Question for you, @Imhollister since your sister just got married. Over the holiday, my sister gave me all of her wedding books and binder. Included in some of the stuff actually was her budget and kind of what she spent and what she was planning. It's little bits and pieces of ideas and such since I think the things included were early budget, early planning, etc. Do you think you'll be taking a lot of guidance from @southernpeach89? Do you guys ever disagree because you might be doing something very different from her? My sister and I have a decent relationship and I'll probably ask her to be a BM once the wedding is a lot closer. But like I was only a BM in hers, not MOH. We also have very different taste since she did a full NYC wedding and I'm that little rustic girl that wants a small, quaint party.

• edited December 2013
    I don't have too much planned this weekend other than being lazy with FI (aaah!!). My middle sister who is visiting from Boston may stay over one night with her BF. My mom got me a fondue set for Xmas so I think it would be fun to try that out with them. I also want to go to Kohls to get this curling iron that my little sister got for Xmas - I used it when I was with her and it is awesome and made my hair look soooo good, and luckily, I have a Kohl's giftcard that should cover it! I need to exchange something my mom bought me because it's too big, and try to find something to wear for NYE. I've actually abandoned the idea of even wearing a dress - we're just going to an apartment party, so I think jeans, a sparkly top, and heels will be just fine (AND I'll be a lot more comfortable than every other girl there who will surely be wearing a dress). 

Oh yeah, there will probably be a lot of pinterest-ing going on this wkend as well...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Kait - hope the mini Christmas is a blast!

@minskat30 - I need to start taking classes at the gym - good for you and getting back into the routine!!!

Busy weekend ahead of me!! 

Saturday I have my family's Christmas since my brother and SIL both came down with the flu.  FI needs to make his car payment and get his driver's licensed renewed. We have dinner planned with FI's family.

Sunday FI is the last Browns football game of the season, so FI will watch that with his dad and brother. 

Anniversary
  • @Kait, enjoy your mini-Christmas!

Tonight is gaming. Since our normal meeting location is inaccessible because of holiday break, a couple of the club members volunteered their apartment. It's not a bad spot, they've at least got a 3-bed so their living room is big.

Tomorrow is apparently a small blizzard. We were going to go celebrate Christmas with some of my dad's family, but that's not happening now - got pushed to Sunday. The conditions don't look like they'll be horrible in town, so BF and I will spend the day together. Maybe I can get him to agree to go to a matinee of The Hobbit 2.

Sunday is for family this weekend, not football, but my mom is offering to meet me halfway and ask my great-aunt to put the game on mute in the living room. Probably I won't be able to watch it anyway because when we get together we always play pinochle for 6-7 hours.
  • @kait have a fun mini-Christmas!

@minskat30 I can't wait to get back to the gym, my work hours the last two weeks of the year are horrible and once I do get back to the gym, it's so crowded. How was India?????

@lmhollister have fun venue scouting!!!

@twodimes have fun with BF coming home!

@hummingbird125 SQUEEE I'M STILL SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

This weekend I plan on drinking a lot of wine or some sort of alcohol. Friday night, FI and I are going to work on our wedding website and I'll work on a planning bio since we have a venue reserved and a date set (12-12-14)!

Saturday I'm going to do laundry and clean the house, take down some Christmas decorations. I might go to the jeweler's to get my e-ring appraised, I don't know about that yet, I just don't feel like doing a whole lot of running around in the AM. Saturday afternoon my friend and I are going to hit up Michael's to get some stuff for a mock-up of the centerpieces I want to do. I want to get a majority of the wedding planning done before summer so I can spend my summer in the pool drinking and eating guac. So if the mock-up works, then we'll buy the rest of the stuff for the tables. Then I'll go to her house and drink some wine, eat delicious Thai food and hear ultra-conservative rants from her H (yay, not). After that, we may go to FI's friend's house for UFC fight night. I think FI is going to ask his friend to be his BM, I told him it's a little early but he's not listening to me. I can't say he's making a wrong choice since they've been friends for a long time, idk we'll see what happens.

Sunday we're going to FI's mom's apartment to exchange Christmas gifts (this should be interesting) and then do nothing all day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80, YAY VENUE! Where did you end up setting a date?

• @buddysmom80 YAY! I'm so glad you have a venue and a date!! That's so excitiing. Please AW some pictures of your centerpiece mockups if you end up liking the design.

@Kait Southern and I are pretty close. She's my matron of honor and our other sister will be my maid of honor in the wedding. She's already given me tons and tons of advice and a basic layout of what her final expenditures ended up looking like...which is helping me a ton with my own budget. We generally agree most of the time...I don't really see any knock-down drag out fights in our future over wedding related plans. Our weddings will be different in some ways...my guest list is significantly smaller than hers so I may be able to put more money into higher end beverages or food for instance. The decor and the colors will be different too...but honestly I loved the way her RD venue designed everything and I really really really kind of want to copy it because it was so beautiful. She had her wedding in a historic home and I most likely will too....I just don't see myself doing a barn wedding or a super contemporary wedding for example. I wanted to get married in a local brewery but FI feels some of his family will be very uncomfortable in that location since they are all non-drinkers. So that one is out. If we had chosen to go with that venue then the wedding would have been drastically different from my sister's.

• @buddysmom80 - congrats on finding a venue!!  Less than 1 year until your wedding now :) 

Is it Friday? I am so mixed up. . . 

We are loading our moving truck tomorrow morning and driving across the country (Chicago to MD). I think we could use some good vibes/thoughts for a successful move. We're towing DH's truck behind the moving truck, so I'm extra nervous. 

Sunday morning we're unloading the truck at  our new place. I can't believe this weekend is here!!  
  • @CASK85 Good luck on the move! I hope you have clear roads and good weather. Please stay safe!

• @cask85 I was just wondering when you guys were heading out this way, have a safe trip!!!!

@twodimes & @lmhollister if they end up looking nice, I will def AW them.

@kait we booked a golf club venue in CT.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @CASK85, good luck on your move! Yay for another Marylander!

My dears, I hope you all had a wonderful week and that Santa brought you awesome things! I am glad it's the weekend since I worked the past four days, including Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Tomorrow my family is having our family Christmas. After admitting to myself that I am totally broke and uncreative, I decided that instead of spending money I don't have on gifts my family may or may not like, I would just buy some things we could all do together. I got a couple board games, I'm going to get a couple gift cards to different restaurants, snacks, movies, etc., and just have those available so we have some fun things to do together. I hope that will be good enough because I really got nothin' else. *Shrug* Then I'm headed to my friend J's for his RPG, which promises to be fascinating and entertaining.

Sunday I'm not doing a damn thing. Maybe I'll finish the scarf I've been working on and get through a few books. Oh, and of course train the mutt. She is massive; I can't believe how much she's grown over the past few weeks.
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013

@CASK85 YAY!!!! EAST COAST WEEKEND! Wishing you and your H a safe and uneventful move this weekend!

To all of the recently engaged gals (there really are so freaking many of you that I'm not @naming all of you), enjoy your weekend of planning! I'm sure these beginning stages are super exciting.

I had the joy of spending last weekend in the hospital due to severe dehydration (result of catching the stomach flu) with wonderfully collapsed veins. So, this weekend, me and my bruised as hell arms are gonna try and relax. I have to drop my car off to get serviced tomorrow, and run to DMV in the morning to renew my tags, but other than that (and picking up Bean from the barn) I'm gonna take it easy and try to reign in my recent grouchy/I wanna stab everything mood.

ETA: January 10th weekend CAN NOT come soon enough!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Yikes! Hope you feel better soon, @beanbot2002.
  • Thanks @KeptinStitches. I finally started feeling better on Christmas Day. Thank god! Just in time for TAMALES!!! I would have probably stabbed someone if I didn't get to eat my christmas tamales.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @buddysmom80 - I can't believe you have a venue reserved already! You're going to be married before I have a dress! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hummingbird125 I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy for booking so early, but things book up so fast around here that if I waited after "engagement season" I'd be screwed big-time. The more I do now when I'm bored and it's slow at work for FI and I, then the more time I can spend drinking my summer away!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - Yeah for picking out your date/venue!!!  I can't wait to watch you plan.  India was amazing.  H's family was so welcoming (about 100 people came to the reception his Mom threw for us).  Everyone was so warm and genuine.  The 30 hours of travel each way, however, was no picnic.  Next year I think we will do a direct flight or at least a night's layover to try to recover. 

• @CASK85 - I'm sad to see you leave Chicago as we never got to meet in person but so excited for you for this new step in your life.

@Beanbot2002 - That sounds terrible!!!  I'm sorry you were so sick.  Try to take it easy this weekend.

• Ughh kind of hung over today spend yesterday w/ FI's parents FSIL and her husband. It was fun but it was an all day east and drinking fest and I drank way too much.  I'm tired I luckily have off of work today. FI is also sick, so much for registering today... lol Hopefully just a nice quiet day at home to relax.

Anniversary

• Sooooooo tired and out of it. I've been having trouble falling asleep so I keep sleeping on the couch while watching TV. Bad for my back and my partner is worried about me. Gotta stop doing this.

I am super tempted to blow $40 on a 3DS game. My partner and I decided on a $20 limit for gifts and he bought me a frickin 3DS.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I'm still off work until after the 1st so today H and I went to Crossfit and then ran some errands. We are having some friends over for game night tonight and we are playing CAH. So excited!!!!! I'm making Lasagna, garlic bread, mozz sticks, and a Devils Food toffee trifle! I may eat that last one all by myself lol. I'm also putting together a spiked hot apple cider drink since it has been cold here lately. Tomorrow I'm going with @lmhollister to go visit one of the possible venues she may chose. I really like this venue after having our rehearsal dinner there and they did a fabulous job. Then H and I are going to another family get together about an hour away for a secret Santa exchange. Sunday is church and afterwards we are doing Christmas with his mother and stepdad.
  • I know it's already the weekend, but I don't care.

I got a new laptop yesterday so I've spent the last few hours finding all my passwords to all my accounts or getting new passwords.  Last night we went to BF's father's house for a small post-holiday gathering.  

Today I'm working and tomorrow I'll be working as well because it's the BIG end of the year inventory that I don't want to eff up.  If I do, the ENTIRE company will have to redo the inventory.  It's nerve wracking and unpleasant.  I don't know why Bossman picked me to do this, but oh well. There's no way out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards