New Jersey

Marriage License Question

We live in Ewing and are getting married in Trenton (all of a stones throw from our house).  Do we go to Ewing to get the marriage license or do we go into Trenton (downtown - eek) to get the marriage license?  Every where I look it says to get the license where you live, but then other places state to get it where you are getting married.  So confusing.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Marriage License Question

• My understanding is that you apply for the license in the town that live and your pastor will file it in the town where the ceremony is being held.
  • You would apply for your marriage license in Ewing since that's where you live. Once you're married, the license will be filed in Trenton and that's who will issue your marriage certificate. 

• Agree with above - apply where you live. You will then pick it up from where you were married.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• You only have to apply in the county you are getting married in if both of you live out of state. Otherwise you can apply in the county you live in.
  • Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • We live in Ewing and are getting married in Trenton (all of a stones throw from our house).  Do we go to Ewing to get the marriage license or do we go into Trenton (downtown - eek) to get the marriage license?  Every where I look it says to get the license where you live, but then other places state to get it where you are getting married.  So confusing.  
    Go to the town you LIVE in.

Or you'll wind up like me....who had to get remarried a month later from her actual wedding date. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards