Flowers
Options

Calla Lily - HELP!

Today was an exciting day, my first time out looking for flowers for my wedding! I've had my heart set on deep-purple calla lilies since before I had even met my fiance (what girl DOESN'T dream of their perfect wedding bouquet?!).  The first florist I went to was very helpful and optimistic about how in-season calla's would be for that time of year.  The second florist I went to, however, cautioned me against using calla's, saying that they tended to bruise easily and lose their shape within half an hour of taking them out of water.  She did say that they carried silk calla lilies instead and that I could buy those through the flower shop and have them incorporated in to my bouquets instead.

Have any brides out there had any experience with calla lilies, or heard this before? I didn't think calla lilies were a very delicate flower.

Thanks!

Re: Calla Lily - HELP!

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2013
    CearaT said:
    Today was an exciting day, my first time out looking for flowers for my wedding! I've had my heart set on deep-purple calla lilies since before I had even met my fiance (what girl DOESN'T dream of their perfect wedding bouquet?!).  The first florist I went to was very helpful and optimistic about how in-season calla's would be for that time of year.  The second florist I went to, however, cautioned me against using calla's, saying that they tended to bruise easily and lose their shape within half an hour of taking them out of water.  She did say that they carried silk calla lilies instead and that I could buy those through the flower shop and have them incorporated in to my bouquets instead.

Have any brides out there had any experience with calla lilies, or heard this before? I didn't think calla lilies were a very delicate flower.

Thanks!
    @CearaT

I have heard that before. My florist said that it takes close to an hour before they start to become blah. I would consult some other florists. Maybe go to a small floral shop inside a grocery store (the ones here have them) and ask them. That way you can see if the 2nd florist was exaggerating or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards