Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Chit Chat?

edited December 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
What's everyone up to today? I'm determined to get my pup to a dog park because she hasn't been in a while. I also need to get to a Kohl's to buy this curling wand I want, and I want to return some pajamas my mom got me for Xmas. Last night FI and I made fondue in the fondue pot my mom got me for Xmas and it came out sooo good. We had bread, green peppers, and apples to dip in it and everything was delicious. We also finished two bottles of wine :-) We talked a little bit about wedding stuff and about saving money and decided that we really should do a lot more at-home date nights like last night because it was still just as much fun as going to a restaurant, and a LOT cheaper! We're also on the same page about wanting to shoot for a spring-2015 wedding. 

Today I have a small Etsy order to send out, and I MUST clean and organize my work area because it's a mess! I also must must must do some sort of exercise, even if it's just for 15 minutes. If any of you have some easy-to-follow at-home workout plan, I'd love to see it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekend Chit Chat?

• Glad you and your FI were able to set a season, @hummingbird125!

It's damn cold up here today. "Real feel" tomorrow morning calls for -60 to -70. Wind and snow today. Today is a good day to stay home. BF has had custody of the Xbox lately, so I'm hoping he brings it back today for Netflix and/or gaming together. Had a really good talk last night, but I still think I'll be talking to his grandma to help fill in holes in his past. That being said, I'm feeling more cuddly today, which also goes along with the cold weather.
  • -60 to -70 ?????!!!! I just....cannot even fathom what that feels like. It feels cold outside here and you're at like, ONE HUNDRED DEGREES COLDER. My brain cannot process that. Stay inside!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahh, mercury temp is supposed to be more like -20, windchill -40, and this "real feel" thing is complete crap to my mind, but I guess it must have some scientific basis. It's the AccuWeather thing.
  • @Hummingbird125, way to hit the ground running with the wedding plans.  You know the first thing everyone wants to know when they find out you're engaged is the wedding date.  We still have this acquaintance that constantly asks us about our timeline, progress, etc., with the assumption that he is invited.  We can't even afford to invite more than family and a few close friends, so yeah, bean dip time.  The fondue pot sounds like a great gift!  What do you sell on Etsy?

@KeptInStiches do you mind my asking what state you are in?  I am also in a cold weather state, but our frigid weather is moving in overnight or tomorrow (-20 to -35 with windchill).

We are having a lazy, slow start to the day.  At some point we will head over to Half Price Books for their sale.  Kiddo will look for some new books and manga, and FI will shop for records.  Later we have a dinner party to go to for a couple who are moving to Chicago soon.  Luckily one of the other attendees has a child close in age to A, so she'll have someone to play with.

• Yay for a wedding season! That was actually the VERY first question we got when we announced our engagement, and fortunately, we already knew we wanted to get married on our anniversary.

Now I want fondue. My friend took me to the Melting Pot a couple months ago (first time ever for me), and it's been haunting me ever since.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • It's nice and sunny where I am, probably high sixties to low seventies. The last week has been temperatures into the eighties.  It's hard to enjoy winter when it feels like summer, but I guess I can't complain.  

I'm so bored here at home but I don't want to start getting ready for work just yet.  I've got a long couple of shifts ahead of me and I'm especially dreading Sunday.  Sunday is the big inventory and if we mess up, the ENTIRE company has to redo it.  I'm just hoping no one messes up so that once it's done, that's it.  

On the upside today, my kitty has been snuggly today.  She doesn't cuddle often, so I enjoy the rare days when she decides to grace me with her presence.  
  • @rws2011, I'm in ND - where are you that you get to wait another day?

They officially kicked us up to a blizzard warning, which any idiot who looked out a window would already know ... Damn cold, so damn cold.

Also, we got invited to a NYE party with some of the gaming group (which means another gaming night), and I'm thinking about trying out a pumpkin pie fondue. Anyone got any other good recipes for a 1.5 quart slow cooker?
  • @RWS2011 - I can't even believe how many people asked "did you pick a date?" on Christmas, I was like, "We've been engaged less than 24 hours, so...no." People are crazy! 

@Phira - I've never been to a Melting Pot, but I've heard it's good and want to go! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 It was really yummy! I was a little surprised at how expensive it was, but it's definitely a nice place, so the prices are worth it. REALLY delicious food, and great service. They melt the cheese in front of you and tell you what they're adding to it; same with the broths and the chocolate. Very high quality ingredients.

Highly recommend it for a date night--the location we went to had a bunch of big tables, but it had little nooks with tables for two that were very romantic.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @KeptInStiches  we are in MN, and are currently under blizzard warnings, but it isn't even snowing yet.  The snow and deep freeze is predicted for over night and into the morning.  I wouldn't even go outside tomorrow, except that A has a sleepover.

• Hummingbird, I got engaged on Christmas and was also surprised that people were asking about the date THAT day! I would love to get married September 2014 but I don't see any way that we're going to afford it that quickly so we will probably also end up getting married in Spring of 2015

• Fondue sounds awesome right now! Today I'm a little hungover... Hah. We had some friends over last night and we played CAH and drank a lot. So this morning I was pretty slow getting out of bed but once we did, we went over to H's uncle's home for our 2nd to last Christmas celebration with his family. Wg played secret Santa and we got a couple Christmas mugs and this really cool candle that has a ring in it after you melt it down. The ring can either be $10, $100, $1000, or $5000. I'm excited to see what we get lol. Now we are just relaxing watching The Sing Off finale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards