North Carolina-Outer Banks

Flower petals on the beach- Wind?

I wanted to do two lines of flower petals on the beach to mark the 'aisle.' Has anyone tried this? Will they just blow away? I'd hate to come down the stairs to the beach and have them gone already. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Flower petals on the beach- Wind?

• I would make sure you check the rules for the location you are having your wedding at. I believe some beaches don't allow flower petals, or you need to make sure they are all picked up at the end of the event, which could be troublesome. Our chair rows made a natural aisle and we had mason jars hanging from the chairs on the end of the row, I think they had sunflowers in them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with KSJ.  It could be more trouble than it's worth in the long run.

Our chair rows also made a natural aisle and we had conch shells lining it.  In one of my "if I could do it all over again moments" I wished I would have had some sort of starfish hanging from the ends of the chairs, as they were kind of my unofficial theme.  Darn hindsight!  ;)

• We got married in September on a very windy day.... flower petals would have NEVER stayed put for a minute with the ocean breeze!  I agree with the others - using mason jars, shells, or starfish would look pretty!  
  • Thanks for the input!
  • Our florist said that she could do buds in the sand, each in individual tubes with water. So they wouldn't fly away because there would be a portion of it held down by the sand. The idea looks good in my head - I guess we will see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards