April 2014 Weddings
Options

Procrastinated losing weight

My first dress fitting is January 23rd, and thanks to the holidays and the stress of work I think I weigh more now than I did when I ordered my dress. I called the bridal shop and spoke with the seamstress and asked if I could have just 2 fittings or move the first to Feb. but she said that I need to be at my goal weight by the first dress fitting. She said I really need to be at maintenance now. My wedding is April 19th. I mean it's still 4 months away. She finally said well, some brides lose weight as it gets closer to the wedding, so we can still do alterations but it will cost more.

I realize I have slacked off but I still have time, right? I would like to lose 10 or 15 pounds before my wedding and with ample time to have my dress ready. Is it just me or was she being ridiculous? Anybody else losing weight during fittings?

Thanks,

Katrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Procrastinated losing weight

• Options
    you still have time. You just will have to actually stick to it and really commit yourself to it.

• Options
    You still have plenty of time to get to your goal. I started a little late as well but I started doing circuit training. And clean eating I've dropped six pounds already !! You just have to stay focused and you will get there no problem. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options
    I've been losing weight for a few months, but still plan to hopefully lose 10 - 20 lbs before the wedding. We have 97 days until the wedding, ack! I have been working out and using my fitness pal to track calories and it helps a lot. 

My alterations lady says that I will come back a few times, and based on weight loss she can adjust it as we go. I also have a corset back on my dress, which helps a lot too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards