40-Plus Brides

AAAACCCCHHHH!!!! - VENT

How do you do this?  I'm 50 years old.  I'm planning an entire wedding in 4 weeks, long story on that one, have 12 days to go, and I'm about to lose my mind.  I work full time, have a part-time singing gig, am the volunteer director of a volunteer choir......  Two of my three "bridesmaids" for lack of a more accurate term, live hundreds a miles away, my mother lives 90 miles away, and budget says I need to do most of this myself.  (Not the food or cake thank heaven).  My fiancé is unemployed at the moment - though he should start an awesome new job in a few weeks, (so no honeymoon)....so I'm paying for everything and may have to make the final payment on my engagement ring because he won't have a paycheck by then. 

A friend of ours is in the hospital, so I am over there for a few hours several nights a week.  My best friend, who would be my matron of honor, is sitting with her husband who is in the hospital.  She is 120 miles away.  She wishes she was planning a wedding with me and I wish I was sitting with her (neither of which is feasible).  My second bride's maid may not be able to attend the wedding because her first grandchild is due...Mazel Tov....so she may be in another state.  . My third "bridesmaid" is the only one who lives near me, and I don't want to work her to death.  She has her own life and own responsibilities.  I made one bride's maid's bouquet, but I may need to take apart my centerpieces and turn them into another one - depending on who can be here.  Oh, and I have a singing gig the night before the wedding so I have to work that night.  The person who covers for me will be out of town so they are depending on me.

I successfully chose a date which is the same as the massive bridal fair in the next city.  Therefore, the day of the wedding I'll be picking up the cake. Vendor cannot provide the set up because of the bridal fair. I'll be decorating the room the morning of the wedding before going to get my hair done in time for a noon wedding (budget said lunch, not dinner).  And we are having our affair at a local restaurant which has a bar just outside the room, and yes, I successfully chose a time which is the same as the ball game of the local team. 

I know this will all work itself out, but today I just want to scream.

Re: AAAACCCCHHHH!!!! - VENT

• @wilson24019

I know you're probably already married but I wanted to say I am sorry to hear that you had so much stress to deal with and in such a short time too. I hope everything went well for you on your wedding day!
  • I hear ya on the screaming! Hope all went well for u and ur friends husband gets better.
    Anniversary
  • Wish I'd seen this sooner...you could've screamed to me! =)
    One of my sisters (bridesmaid) had a baby 11 days before I got engaged...my other sister (another bridesmaid) told me she found a lump in her breast the day before I went dress shopping (and yes--it turned out to be cancer). Both sisters lived 100+ miles away. My 3rd bm lived closer, but her mother died 2 months before the wedding. Yup--planning is not always the dream that is depicted in the shows and magazines. 
    I hope all went well for you and that you have wonderful memories of what turned out to be a beautiful wedding with all of the people you loved and cared about!!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards