Christian Weddings

Marriage Covenant

flutterfly88flutterfly88 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited November 2013 in Christian Weddings

Have any of you seen the movie Courageous? Well for our wedding my I wanted something more than the standard unity candle ceremony, so I ran this idea past my FI and he loves it just as much as me. When we go to sign our marriage licence towards the end of the ceremony, we will also be signing a marriage covenant, which we will hang in our home. I used the resolution from that movie, and the one made for women, and kind of mushed them together, to get our marriage contract. Here it is:

OUR MARRIAGE RESOLUTION

We DO solemnly resolve before God that we have full responsibility for ourselves and our family, acknowledging that Nick has the role as head of the household.

We WILL be faithful to each other, to love and honour each other, and be willing to lay down our lives for the other as Jesus Christ did for us.

We do solemnly resolve before God to embrace our current season of life and live with a spirit of contentment. 

We WILL celebrate our God-given uniqueness and the distinctions He has placed in others. 

We WILL love whatever children God blesses our family with, protecting them, serving them, and teaching them the Word of God, allowing Nick to be the spiritual leader of our home.

We WILL bless our children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.

We WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.

We WILL champion God's model for gender roles and teach them to our children. 

We WILL not tolerate evil influences in our lives or in our home, but will embrace a life of purity.

We WILL pursue justice, and love mercy.

We WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.

We WILL be quick to listen, slow to speak, and esteem others more highly than ourselves. 

We WILL cultivate a peaceful home where God's presence is sensed. 

We WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of our family and seek to devote the best of ourselves to the primary roles God has entrusted to each of us. 

We WILL forgive those who have wronged us and reconcile with those we have wronged.

We WILL learn from our mistakes, repent of our sins, and walk with integrity as people answerable to God.

We WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will.

We WILL make today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind and consider our current choices in light of future generations. 

We WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of our lives and for His glory.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. ---Joshua 24:15

(edited to try and fix funny formatting)

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

Re: Marriage Covenant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards