Chit Chat

What would you have done?

Walking to my office this morning, inside of my building I saw a scratch-off lotto ticket on the floor.  It's a $1 ticket, not yet scratched.  The ticket was inside of the building, on the floor.  It's an area that isn't used by the general public, mainly just the employees.  Would you have kept it or attempted to find the owner?  If you chose to keep it, and it turned out to be a winner, what would you do?

Re: What would you have done?

• is it signed on the back?

Anniversary
  • signed?  No.  It's in the same condition as you would get it from the store, no markings, not yet scratched.
  • I think I would post a general note and see if anybody claimed it by the end of the day.  Then if it was a winner, I'd hope they would split it with me!

Fun fact: I have never played the lottery.  My mom and I were just talking about how fun it would be to play once or twice a year, but I literally wouldn't even know how to buy a ticket.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Honestly, I would keep the ticket and scratch it. Not sure what I would do if it ended up being a big winner, but any small winnings (ie: $10) I would keep.

• I would make an attempt to find the owner, but there is only so much you can do.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Can you send a group email to your building and see if anyone claims it?  Don't post the type of game or dollar amount it was purchased for.  That way, if someone tries to claim it, you can ask them for the type it is.  That's what my office does if something goes to lost & found.
  • Since it's not a public area, I'd also send around a vague email (and hope people aren't dishonest jerks). I personally wouldn't feel right keeping it until I'd made an effort to return it to the owner.
  • kaos16 said:

*UPDATE*  There aren't too many offices beyond my offices in this hallway, and there aren't a ton of people in today.  I started walking office by office to see if anyone had dropped it.  I found the owner immediately (he actually had two matching losing tickets in his trash, lol).  He was appreciative, even though it was a loser.

And in the world of great karma. . . . . I returned to my desk from this adventure to an email from my boss saying that I had been promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should buy a ticket of my own now, lol.

Oh Karma how I love thee...AWESOME AND CONGRATS!!!!
  • If it was not signed, I would pick it up and scratch it.  If it ended up being a winner, I would cash it for myself.
  • kaos16 said:

*UPDATE*  There aren't too many offices beyond my offices in this hallway, and there aren't a ton of people in today.  I started walking office by office to see if anyone had dropped it.  I found the owner immediately (he actually had two matching losing tickets in his trash, lol).  He was appreciative, even though it was a loser.

And in the world of great karma. . . . . I returned to my desk from this adventure to an email from my boss saying that I had been promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should buy a ticket of my own now, lol.

Yes! Go do it! Wouldn't that be fun if it WAS a winner too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards