Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Canon in D...

Better for processional or recessional?

I love it & want it included somewhere, but in working on my programs I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put it!

Here's a link, to hear it.

Thoughts?  TIA ladies!  = )

Re: Canon in D...

• colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be using it for my processional! I love the song and we will be having it played on a harp!
  • dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend loves this song so much that she is having it played for her entrance as she doesnt like "here comes the bride"
  • edited December 2011
    I've only heard of it being used as a processional.  We're using more uptempo, upbeat music for the recessional.  More of a "hey, we're frickin' married!!!" vibe, if ya know what I mean :0)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP we will be using it as our processional :) The recessional is more upbeat and really happy sounding!
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks ladies!  I'm thinking I'll be using it for my entrance.  = )
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard it at about 75% of weddings I've been to, and it's always been the processional.  We also used a more upbeat song for our  recessional.  

Why not find a song that you really like that means something?
  • edited December 2011
    Steph - It's a Catholic wedding, so we can't have secular music.
  • edited December 2011
    Andi: We used it for our precessional, I agree with Steph use an upbeat/ceberation song as your exit.
  • Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im walking down the isle to it with my dad. I have the piano version by Miranda Wong. I found her on youtube and you can download from her website.

• edited December 2011
    George Winston also has a really nice rendition of it, if you're allowed to use someone else's compilation.
  • edited December 2011
    I love that song as well and will be using it for the processional.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs, I've never heard it used as a recessional. I used an acoustic guitar version of it for my processional.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it for our processional and it was perfect for us! We also got married in a catholic church and couldnt have secular music during the ceremony itself. They did allow appropriate (respectful and non vulgar) secular music for the pre and post songs though.

And in case you are looking for a recessional option, we went with Jesu Joy by Bach for our recessional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards