Not Engaged Yet

Best/Worst of 2013

I thought it might be fun to do kind of a personal superlatives for the year, to reminisce & look back on 2013!

Happiest Moment:
Saddest Moment:
Funniest Moment:

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: 
Favorite Time of 2013, with SO:
Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends:

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013:
Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013:
Favorite Picture of anything from 2013:

Favorite TV Show in 2013:
Favorite Movie in 2013:
Favorite Song in 2013:

What are you most glad you did in 2013?:
What do you wish you did more of in 2013?:
Any 2013 regrets?:

Happy New Year, everyone!! See you in 2014!! :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Best/Worst of 2013

• Happiest Moment: Moving into our new apartment in August.
    Saddest Moment: I had a very hard day on the anniversary of my friend's death this year.
    Funniest Moment: My "handstand" during a certain game of Kings.

Favorite Moment of 2013, Solo: Feeling fantastic about my new job on a very regular basis.
    Favorite Moment of 2013, with SO: Spending the day in Cooperstown together for a day date.
    Favorite Moment of 2013, with Friends: The entire weekend in NY with all my favorite girls.

Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: @livleighton, @swazzle, @buddysmom90, @csousa1, @sakalicious

Favorite TV Show in 2013: The Blacklist
    Favorite Movie in 2013: Catching Fire
    Favorite Song in 2013: Holy Grail - Jay Z & JT

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: Moved in with BF.
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: Traveling/visiting friends.
    Any 2013 regrets?: I didn't stick with my workout plan. Now I'm at the heaviest in my life, and I'm so unhappy with myself. Definitely making a commitment to getting in shape in 2014!!

*******************************************************************************************

• Happiest Moment: FI proposing :)
    Saddest Moment: Being hurt and lied to by someone I cared about
    Funniest Moment: Being completely shitfaced in downtown Indianapolis and popping a squat in the middle of sidewalk, laughing hysterically at 3 am.

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: packing up my old apartment and leaving my hometown for good.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: when he proposed, when we went ring shopping, last NYE, our first vacation...there's a lot.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Getting drunk on Good Friday downtown.

Favorite TV Show in 2013:
    Bates Motel and Dexter

Favorite Movie in 2013:
    This Is 40 and Delivery Man

Favorite Song in 2013:
    Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran. Our first dance song :)

What are you most glad you did in 2013?:
    I'm glad I started a relationship with my now-FI. I was hesitant to at first because we were such good friends and I didnt want to screw anything up, but it's the best decision i've ever made.

What do you wish you did more of in 2013?:
    Save money. Had I known I would be planning a wedding, I would have.

Any 2013 regrets?:
    Not a damn thing.  Its been an amazing year.
    Anniversary

• Happiest Moment: Getting engaged...I still can't wipe the silly/stupid grin off my face.

Saddest Moment: Probably the anniversary of my oma's passing.

Funniest Moment: The day Cinders decided to interpret the rules to us telling her to lay down doesn't mean she doesn't have to stop moving too. So rather than laying down and staying in one spot, she just dragged herself to where she wanted to be instead. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to correct her.

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: Getting a new job felt pretty awesome. Oh, and bringing home Cinders. She's been a constant joy in my life.

Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: The first was when we spent our first night together in our new place and then later this year standing next to a waterfall and getting engaged.

Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Hmmm beer tasting with my BFF and her FI is definitely up there. She and I get pretty silly and drunk-face together and it's always a blast.

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013: This is from when I picked up Cinders.image
    Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013: Me and T this Christmas
    Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: All the puppies! Cheyanne (the white one), Cinders (the black one), and Bella (the golden girl hiding in the back)image

Favorite TV Show in 2013: Downton Abbey Season 3
    Favorite Movie in 2013: Up! I saw it for the first time in July so it counts.
    Favorite Song in 2013: Bastille - Pompeii

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: Got a new job. Lost 20 lbs.

What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: I wish I had lost more weight.

Any 2013 regrets?: I hit a plateau in July and haven't focused on working on getting in shape since then. Thankfully I have a new incentive now - look as hott as possible in a wedding dress.

• Happiest Moment:  Getting my new job.
    Saddest Moment:  Idk.  Unemployment depression.
    Funniest Moment:  Trying to have sex on the floor of my grandma's house in the middle of the night in Portugal.  

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo:  Barre classes.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO:  Months 1-2 in Chicago.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends:  Our mini G2G in Chicago.  @Suzie211 made me stay out late.  I felt like a big kid again.

I'm skipping the picture questions because I'm lazy.

Favorite TV Show in 2013:  Homeland/Breaking Bad tie.
    Favorite Movie in 2013:  Prisoners
    Favorite Song in 2013:  Applause

What are you most glad you did in 2013?:  Took a huge risk and moved to Chicago
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?:  Exercised, ate right…you know the drill.
    Any 2013 regrets?:  I regret quitting my job in February without having another one lined up.

• Happiest Moment: when we became engaged
    Saddest Moment: not sure if there was any
    Funniest Moment: when we became engaged

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo:  reading alone when FI was playing hockey
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: being the Bahamas when we got engaged
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends:doing shows

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013: at work
    Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013: at work
    Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: at work

Favorite TV Show in 2013: The Walking Dead
    Favorite Movie in 2013: Catching Fire
    Favorite Song in 2013: not sure

What are you most glad you did in 2013? bought our dream home
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: calmed down
    Any 2013 regrets?:none really

Anniversary

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Happiest Moment: Ooh geez. Cross between the moment I got accepted into nursing school and the moment I got my final grade on my Med-Surg exam and realized that I had successfully gotten through half the program.
    Saddest Moment: Actually it was not the break-up, although that was definitely sad. Back in May when my brother relapsed for the millionth time and my mom kicked him out. That was horrible.
    Funniest Moment: How can I pick just ONE funniest moment??? Well, definitely the funniest in recent memory have been of Maggie. She is so clumsy and is always tripping over herself, and she's just cute.

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: Hm. That's a tough one. I guess I will say that I was super-stoked about the time last month when I did a really awesome spin at pole dancing class and it actually looked semi-decent.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: N/A
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: My brother's surprise birthday party in March was pretty awesome. There was a moonbounce involved. It was a great day.

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013image
    Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013: N/A.
    Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: I do not have one, I barely took any pictures this year.

Favorite TV Show in 2013: Either The Walking Dead or Modern Family. Probably Modern Family since it doesn't tear my heart out every time I watch it.
    Favorite Movie in 2013: I don't even remember anything I watched, read, or did last week, let alone throughout the rest of the year, lol. Um...so I recently watched this movie "Bandidas" which was really good, so I'll just go with that.
    Favorite Song in 2013: Hm. So there's this violin version of "Thrift Shop" that I can't get out of my head right now, so obviously it made an impact and is therefore now my favorite song in 2013.

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: Coin toss between starting nursing school and breaking up with C.
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: Hung out with friends and met people.
    Any 2013 regrets?: That I spent too much time working, sleeping, or cleaning, and not enough quality time, either with myself or with my loved ones. I think it's so easy to get caught up in doing chores or just watching TV when there's an hour or two to spare, but I hope that in 2014 I'll make more of those moments count for something.
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Happiest Moment:  When I felt my confidence and focus realign for my job search and I sent out 3 resumes and got an interview for all 3 jobs.
    Saddest Moment:  Getting laid off.
    Funniest Moment:  Every CAH game ever.

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo:  Sleeping in because I was a no-job-having-slacker.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO:  Our lovely trip to Duluth for our 5 year anniversary, complete with dinner in the revolving restaurant, breakfast at a great locally sourced diner, hiking and a trip to a historic light house. 
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends:  My book club: Bitches, Books and Booze.  No matter how down I was, every meeting has been restorative in its conversation and light debauchery.

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013:  My munchkin and me, a bonus shot by the photographer who did her headshots.

Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013:  Reunion with our good friend who moved out of town.

Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: Photo still from A's first short film!

Favorite TV Show in 2013:  The Good Wife
    Favorite Movie in 2013:  Either Catching Fire or Now You See Me
    Favorite Song in 2013:  I'm cheating, the song was re-released this year: Good Name by William Onyeabor

What are you most glad you did in 2013?:  Travel, even just a little, and not too far away!
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?:  Writing.  I need to make time and space to write every day.
    Any 2013 regrets?:  Not so much regrets, I had some internal struggles this year, but the result has been progress.

edited to reduce spaces

• suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013

Happiest Moment: becoming Mrs. P
    Saddest Moment:  we attended way too many funerals
    Funniest Moment: falling off a moving treadmill in a packed gym

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo:  I closed a couple monster deals that always make me feel like a bad ass, at least until I see the next months quota;)
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: getting hitched and then lounging in HI
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Vegas bachelorette weekend 

Favorite TV Show in 2013: Breaking Bad
    Favorite Movie in 2013: This Is The End
    Favorite Song in 2013: Wake Me Up by Avicii

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: married an amazing person.  I wake up every day feeling like I'm the luckiest girl out there.
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: stuck with my workout routine
    Any 2013 regrets?: Nope.  Well maybe I'd feel less guilty while consuming all the chocolate.  It tastes so damn good.

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Happiest Moment: The engagement.
    Saddest Moment: When my partner's grandmother died in January.
    Funniest Moment: The look on my partner's face when we surprised him for his birthday.

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: Awesome day back in November where I spent the whole day running self-care errands (haircut, massage).
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: Spending a week in Nova Scotia with his family. It was my first year up there (they go up every year). Everyone thought he was going to propose that week, since his brother had proposed to his sister-in-law there a few years back, and he (my partner) had always dreamed of proposing to his significant other there.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Over the summer, my grad school cohort managed to get together for a potluck for the first time in ages. It was really relaxing and fun.

Favorite Picture of Yourself from 2013: I had brunch with my mom, grandmother, and siblings, and this is probably the best photo of my face ever taken.
    Favorite Picture of You & SO from 2013: There aren't a lot of great photos of both of us, but this is from right after he realized that he was having a surprise party (unfortunately, we didn't get a photo of the TERROR on his face moments earlier).image
    Favorite Picture of anything from 2013: My friend and I went out for sangria. We weren't sure what flavor we wanted, so the waitress brought us each a small glass of each of the flavors we were interested in. The end result is that it looks like I drank the entire restaurant.image

Favorite TV Show in 2013: Either How I Met Your Mother ... or Hell's Kitchen
    Favorite Movie in 2013: So ... I didn't see a single movie in theaters this year. My favorite movie I watched that I hadn't seen before was Argo.
    Favorite Song in 2013: Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: I'm really glad I decided to do my qualifying exam this year. I'm so glad I got it out of the way.
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: I wish I had worked harder to stay on a good sleep cycle.
    Any 2013 regrets?: Surprisingly, no. A lot of really great things happened for me this year, after 2012 shit ALL OVER MY LIFE on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to 2014 though!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Happiest Moment: Seeing BF graduate
    Saddest Moment:  Finding out my good friend's mom has cancer again.
    Funniest Moment: Learning that it's a bad idea to spray paint a huge section of wall in a room that has no ventilation! My friends and I had a good time that day lol

Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: I've had a lot of solo time but I really enjoyed the last couples weeks before Christmas when I could just relax at my apartment with a good book with a hot cup of tea while it snowed outside.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: It's a tie between carving pumpkins and going to see Christmas lights.
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Probably playing Just Dance 3 with three of my best friends after we all hadn't seen each other in a year. It was a great time!

I'm skipping the picture questions because my computer is being dumb.

Favorite TV Show in 2013: The Following, I love it and it terrifies me!
    Favorite Movie in 2013: Catching Fire! I loved it, I thought it was even better than The Hunger Games!
    Favorite Song in 2013: Wake Me Up by Avicii or I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris with Ellie Goulding

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: I'm really glad I dropped the interpersonal class I was planning on taking last semester. I feel like I'm finally learning that it's okay to say no and how to balance my life so I'm not crazy stressed all the time.
    What do you wish you did more of in 2013?:  I wish I had exercised and dieted more...I really want to lose weight but I fail at doing what I know I need to do to make that happen!
    Any 2013 regrets?: Not this year. It wasn't an amazing year but there wasn't a lot to complain about.

• Happiest Moment: Deciding to parent.

Saddest Moment: Finding out that my sister was having a rough time in terms of her mental health. 

Funniest Moment: Catching my FI and his academy classmates watching say yes to the dress, and looking like a deer in headlights when I asked them what they were watching. 
    Favorite Time of 2013, Solo: Graduating college
    Favorite Time of 2013, with SO: Moving into a new apartment together. 
    Favorite Time of 2013, with Friends: Having a surprise party for a friend, and how well it was executed. 
    Favorite TV Show in 2013: American Horror Story: Coven

Favorite Movie in 2013: Didn't have one

Favorite Song in 2013: Levels by avincii 

What are you most glad you did in 2013?: Moving to a new place to pursue my graduate degree. 

What do you wish you did more of in 2013?: hmmm. I wish that I could've traveled somewhere exotic, or at least traveled more. 

Any 2013 regrets?:Nope :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards