Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation Wording? HELP/AYUDAME !?!

2»

Re: Invitation Wording? HELP/AYUDAME !?!

• Re: Invitation Wording? HELP/AYUDAME !?!....What does ayudame signify?

"Help me" in Spanish

• Viczaesar said:
    I am not even certain if this is the best board to be posting on. anyhow here it goes...

My fiancee and are are set to wed June of 2014, and are over our capacity for the "reception" Our guest list is at 175ppl, in which we do not want to cut any of our guest, however the reception hall will only seat 120ppl. We have decided to invite everyone to the Ceremony which in my opinion, is the MOST IMPORTANT part of this day which we want these individuals to share w/us, as it seats 200ppl.

The dining portion we can only seat 120ppl which will be for our family, therefor we will now have two wedding invitations one which states due to limited seating etc etc, we are unable to have everyone to join us for the dining portion of the reception; however invite those who would like to return at such and such time to join us in the "after party"... This has seemed to be the most difficult part for us, as we are unsure how to word the invitations, and we are aware this is certainly different from many wedding experiences, and want to create as little confusion/frustration as possible... 

We indeed are aware that some feelings may be hurt, and that in reality we are unable to please everyone.
    This is an awful, awful, horrible, no good, really bad idea.  Incredibly rude.  DO NOT invite people to the ceremony and not the full reception.  It shouldn't even be an option in your mind.

Viczaesar I was just talking to FI about this book the other day! It was one of my favorites as a child.

(Also, I hope thats what your intentions were, if not then just ignore this.)
    Never fear, it was.  I actually didn't start out to say that; I was just going to say "awful, awful idea" and, well, I couldn't help myself!  I just sent a copy of that book in Spanish to a girls' home in Mexico so I guess it was on my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards