Not Engaged Yet

NEY on NYE

I keep seeing posts with NEY, thinking it's NYE, but l....nevermind.  Anyway, I'm one of those few people who are actually working today.  Anyone else? 

What are people's plans for tonight?

BF and I are going out to dinner with my brother and his wife to a place none of us have tried before.  Everything on the menu looks scrumptious...especially a pizza with squash on it!  I don't know how I will choose!  Then we will part ways with them...BF doesn't like to be out and about on NYE, so we are going home to do whatever we feel like.

Re: NEY on NYE

• I'm stuck at work today, but I came in early so I can get off early. FI and I are going to a masquerade ball this evening with some friends in downtown Indianapolis. We went last year and had a blast. The band who is playing our reception is playing the ball so I'm excited to see them again!

Here's my mask for tonight!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2013
    Small potluck party with some of the gaming group. I'm making pumpkin pie fondue-style dip - if it's good, I'll share. Otherwise we're bringing a couple 2-liters of soda and chips. Hot dogs and hamburgers, don't know if the host is grilling or not (-20's not too cold, right?).

ETA: Oh, and I'm working today.
  • I'm "working"...aka I'm still at home in my pjs logged in at work. But there isn't much to do honestly...sooo instead I'm building my final guest list and gathering missing addresses for people and drinking coffee. I think I might shower soon and go pick up our ham for dinner tomorrow with my family. The last three years I've ordered a ham from Honeybaked Ham for the family because my former employer gave us a giftcard there every year as a Christmas gift. I'm working somewhere else this year but continuing the tradition.

Tonight FI and I are going out with my parents, and @southernpeach89 and her H to a pretty tasty Mexican restaurant for dinner. Then we're going bowling for a couple of hours...southern's H is going to smoke all of us. I already suck at bowling...he's just going to make us all look that much worse. His average score is above 200. If he handicaps himself by bowling right-handed (he's a leftie) he usually gets a score around 160. I hate him. Afterwards we'll either go back to my parent's house to drink champagne and watch the ball drop or we've been invited to their neighbor's house for drinking and partying instead.

• Working until mid-afternoon. Headed down to FI's where we have champagne and the house to ourselves. hehehehehe

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm working, so when I get home I'll get read for NYE. FI and I are going to a banquet facility near our house that has a NEY party. We can't stay out late since FI is working tomorrow.

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping and being lazy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @severmilli12 - cool mask!  I've always wanted to go to a party where you had to wear a mask like that.
  • I'm at work today until 5.  I am so tired despite sleeping well I just want to go home and sleep.  Tonight we're going to a party at a friend's house more FI's friends than mine but other mutual friends will be there.  I just really don't feel like going I'd rather stay in light a fire in the fireplace and snuggle together.  Oh well.  At least I have no work tomorrow. So I can sleep and relax tomorrow, and probably put away the Christmas stuff too.  I also hope to finish Allegiant the book is so good.

Anniversary

• @severmili12 - I'm super jealous that you're going to a masquerade ball! BF and I really want to go to one but pretty much all the ones around Denver are just glorified costume parties not really a masquerade ball.

I don't have big plans for tonight. I'm just getting together with a couple friends. It should be a good time.

• I'm at work until 2pm. Sounds like a half day but it's really a 3/4 day since I get in at 6:30am. 

I have to go to the mall when I leave here because NYE really snuck up on me and I have nothing to wear tonight. 

H and I are going out in Philly with some friends. I'm looking forward to the open bar and free food but not the crowds. H and I don't usually go "out" for New Years so it should be interesting. We're spending the night down that way and then we'll head home early-ish tomorrow and have a lazy day on the couch. 

• @swazzle sounds like fun I haven't been out in Philly in awhile!

Anniversary

• I'm always torn...historically before BF, NYE was a big deal and I had to do SOMETHING...usually just a house party with friends, but it was something, and I usually made sure I was not out driving around and crashed at someone's house.  But now with BF, we have yet to go to any parties...the most is that we went to dinner last year and again this year, and home way before midnight.  Last year we didn't even bother to open the champagne we got...it's still in our fridge!  We do like to go outside at midnight and listen to other people outside yelling, making noise, some random fireworks.
  • I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to coordinate this evening. My brother and his roommate are hosting an NYE party, and they usually throw some fun get-togethers. I was also invited to a co-worker's annual party, and it's supposed to be legendary for the food alone, so I definitely want to at least stop by there. To add to the excitement, my dad is a drummer and is going to be playing a gig somewhere OOT, and he'll be gone for about 12 hours. So he asked me to let his dog out a couple of times throughout the evening. His house is pretty close to my co-worker's but maybe 20-25 minutes from my brother's.

So, I need to figure out how to do this. I'm thinking that I will go take the dog out around 7 or 7:30, go up to my brother's at 8, spend a few hours there, hit up my co-worker's party around maybe 10:30 or 11 (she said the chocolate fondue fountain comes out at 11, yummm), ring in 2014 there, go let the dog out again, and then get the hell home because I have to work on New Years Day.

And thus concludes my plans. Honestly, I'm just excited to be going out at all this year. C and I never really did anything special on NYE, so this will be a change of pace for me. I'm gonna need to turn on my extravert switch since I'm usually not much of a mingler, but I think it's going to be a fun evening. :)
  • @severmilli12 - jealous! I love your mask, what are you wearing with it??

I'm working a short day today. Went to a doctor appointment this morning, came into the office late. I'm basically just kicking it until they dismiss us early at 3:00. Might go downstairs in a little while and watch the Chick Fil A Bowl parade, since it runs right in front of my office.

Tonight BF and I are running a few errands and having dinner in his neighborhood, then making a brief appearance at a party hosted by a mutual friend we aren't particularly fond of. Mostly I'm just excited about getting dressed up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're just hanging out with a couple friends at their house. We're making a few different appetizer-type foods, drinking some wine/beer, and playing some fun games. BF got me the real CAH for Christmas (I had made my own before, but the cards are too small to play with the expansion packs, so he got me the real cards), so we'll play that, and we also go Logo Party for Christmas from his brother & SIL. 

I'm planning on wearing sweatpants and eating all the things - since I'm restarting WW tomorrow. ACK. haha. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lalalaurita  this dress! It was one of my Christmas presents from FI. With a fancy belt :)

Anniversary

• lalalaurita  this dress! It was one of my Christmas presents from FI. With a fancy belt :)

Hot damn! I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @severmilli12 your look for the masquerade party is great!  What a fun way to ring in the new year!

@Amapola14 holy hectic night!  It sounds like a lot of fun though... you had me at chocolate fondue fountain. 

I stopped in at my new (potential) job and filled out paperwork for the background/credit check.  I have a tentative start date of next Monday.  Woot!

FI, my kiddo and I will probably stay in and play board games, have hot cocoa, and maybe watch a movie.  We had made other plans, but it is so cold that no one wants to go out!

• @RWS2011, your NYE sounds the best right about now!
  • @RWS2011, we both had success on NYE then! :) If I could go back I just would have stayed at my brother's party instead of driving all over creation, but it was a great night regardless - saw most of my favorite people, had good food and drink, and got spend some quiet time with my dogs. It was a good start to 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards