Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cancun honeymooon advice needed!

Our wedding date is July 7th, 2014. We have decided on going to Cancun for our honeymoon, and we want to stay for 5-7 nights, just depending on our budget which is no more than 3,200 total for everything. If anyone had advice on resorts and things to do that would be great! Also ideas of fun activities for us to do.

Here are some criteria of what we are hoping to do and what we want from the all-inclusive resort:

Great food(plenty of options), close beach access, pool, spa, alcohol, we want to visit the Mayan ruins, snorkel and are open to other activities!

Re: Cancun honeymooon advice needed!

• Options
    Are you interested in Riviera Maya, too, or just the hotels in Cancun? Look at Secrets and Excellence resorts. In Cancun, Live Aqua seems to get good reviews on tripadvisor. In the Riviera Maya there are lots of options. 

We just went to Excellence Playa Mujeres and it would meet most of your requirements. There isn't any snorkelling right off the beach, but you could do an excursion to go snorkelling. Also, the beach there did have a lot of seaweed a few days when we were there, but we were told that's dependent on the weather, so it isn't always that way. 
  • Options
    You totally can snorkel right off of the beach. You'll see a few fish. For better snorkeling take an excursion air head to xel-ha or xcaret. Leblanc, royal cancun, and the other large chain places all get good reviews but don't assume that ai is the way to go. There are a bunch of really great restaurants around and shouldn't be missed. That being said if you head down south of the airport many of the resorts only have an ai option bc there's nothing else around for a long while. I suggest you do your research. July is a cheap time to go bc it's hotter than hell but hey there's a pool and frosty drinks right?. Also there are a bunch of Mayan ruin sites. Do some research online to see which appeal to you most. The Mayan museum in cancun is excellent and there's a great jungle walk to some ruins on the ground floor.

• Options
    We've been to THE Royal Cancun twice and loved it. That being said, THE Royal Cancun was bought out by Hyatt and is now Hyatt Zirla (sp?) so I can not speak for the service now. I do know it has remained adults only and AI.

Cancun is a few hrs from the ruins but that didn't bother us at all. The three big ones to see are Chitzen Itza (really spectacular), Coba (you can still climb one of the ruins) and Tulm (the smallest of the three but it's right on the water so it's really beautiful to see). We also did some snorkeling tours. I booked all out tours online and had no problems.

I have reviews and pics in the link above my siggy pic if you would like to check it out. HTH. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • Options
    I agree about Excellence. We just stayed at Excellence Riveria Cancun in December and it was beautiful and affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards