Just Engaged and Proposals

how long did it take

until you got used to the ring? It's been 5 days, and I'm so afraid I'm going to lose it somewhere. Thankfully it takes a little effort to pull it off, but still a worry. Of course, I catch myself looking at it all the time :) It was pretty special on our plane ride Christmas Day before we went our separate ways, that FI couldn't stop looking at the ring either :)

Re: how long did it take

• I've been engaged a year. I am still not used to it lol. I always look!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • natswild said:
    until you got used to the ring? It's been 5 days, and I'm so afraid I'm going to lose it somewhere. Thankfully it takes a little effort to pull it off, but still a worry. Of course, I catch myself looking at it all the time :) It was pretty special on our plane ride Christmas Day before we went our separate ways, that FI couldn't stop looking at the ring either :)
    @natswild

I have been engaged since December 2012. I still have little mini panic attacks if I don't have it on or something. I think it took me a couple months to get used to the feel of it on my finger.
  • I've had mine since December 1st and I'm not 100% use to it yet.  I'm constantly worried that the center stone will fall it, plus the fact that it's his great-grandmother's diamond makes me a little more paranoid. I'm constantly scraping it and bumping it on things, and scraping myself with it.

I also crack myself up when I get distracted by it. I'll be reaching out for something or doing something with my hand and see my ring and get completely distracted by it and stare at it for a few minutes like, "oooooh...pretty"   :)
    Anniversary

• marleyjustinemarleyjustine member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    I got engaged in August and while I think I've gotten better, I still find myself staring at my hand with a ridiculous smile on my face. And even though I know that the ring is secure on my finger, I still worry that I will lose it.

M

• glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Thanks, everyone!
  • Well, thanks. Now I am back to staring at it! I got mine October 19, and for the first few weeks, all I did was look at it. I am completely used to it being there now, and don't worry so much when I bang it on things, but I will never get over how in love with it I am!
  • I have been engaged since April of this year and I still love looking at it! Esp. when I have just gotten it cleaned at the Jewelers :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got used to it pretty fast. Tothe point that at night when i take it off, i wake up constantly and touch my finger and then remember its in its box. I wash my hands constantly so that it stays pretty clean. I stare at it and love to put it light for it to shine. I have made the habit of never taking it off unless it is to put it in the box. I love my ring, its my dream ring and i couldnt be happier.

• awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm thinking I'll get a small box specifically for holding my ring when I'm not wearing it:)
  • I got engaged in June. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it. It's rather large so it took practice to not bump it or snag it as much.

I love when mine gets hit by the light. Then the Mystic Fire Topaz (purple/green colored) and the 60 tiny diamonds make lots of little sparkles.

Congrats on your engagement!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wear rings pretty often (although, nothing this expensive!), so I've been used to wearing rings. My ring fits very well (snug, but not TOO tight), so I have NO worries about it falling off.

My main fear is about bending the setting (which is kind of silly, since it's platinum, so unless I suddenly gain superhuman strength nothing I do is going to bend it).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards