Flowers

bouquet question, no attendants

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it's about whether or not to carry flowers.
 I'm debating whether to even carry a bouquet.  I'm not having any attendants and I'm walking myself down the aisle to start our outdoor, fairly casual wedding with about 100 people. My kids (will be ages 10 & 11) will have come in as ring bearer and flower girl and then be seated with my mom. 

I was planning to carry a bouquet because it seems awkward to walk down the aisle not carrying anything, especially since I'm walking alone.  But then I'm trying to figure out what to do with it during the short ceremony.  Every wedding I've ever been to had attendants and the maid of honor held the bouquet during the whole ceremony, bride pretty much just carried it in and out.
What are your thoughts? Skip it? There won't be anything to set it on and handing it off to someone seems awkward, but I'm open to ideas!

Re: bouquet question, no attendants

• You can do whatever you want. You can carry a bouquet and have a vase or something to set it in during the ceremony.
  • Will your children be seated in the front row? You could always turn around and hand it to your flower girl if she's sitting close.
  • If you want a bouquet, have a bouquet!

Someone sitting in the front row that you can pass it off too will probably work best. Just have that person briefly stand and take it from you as the ceremony gets started and then do the reverse right before you walk back out (this happens at a lot of church weddings when the attendants are seated during the ceremony anyway). 
  • Thanks ladies. The more I think it through, the more I want to carry one and just have my daughter run up and get it from me and then bring it back at the end. my mom can help her remember (she will be 10).  There aren't going to be any tables or anything to set a vase or the bouquet on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards