Michigan-Detroit
Options

bridal shows

just wondering what to look for in a bridal show. i am thinking of the one at the palace on september 15, and maybe a few smaller ones in the area between detroit and port huron. any recommendations, hints, tips, or advice is appreciated!

Re: bridal shows

• Options
    I went to one a few years ago when a friend was getting married and swore them off.  I didn't enjoy the experience at all and neither did the bride I was with.  She was offered lots of deals, but found better deals on her own.  I think if you have ZERO idea of what vendors you want or what direction you want to go in then a bridal show is a good place to find what vendors are out there...however, I was able to find 98% of my vendors right here on this board on the top sticky with reviews.  I'd rather hire someone with multiple real bride reviews then a vendor that paid to be at a show.
  • Options

If you are going to go to a bridal show, the Palace is the biggest one in the area with the most vendors.  You can see examples of floral arrangements, there are cake tastings, catering companies have food tasting, every vendor type you can imagine is there from bridal boutiques to DJs to photographers.  They also have raffles and most vendors have a raffle prize or coupon to give out.  You can get some discounts there that you will not find on the web.

However, it is really busy and really crowded.  Think early morning black Friday shopping but ten times worse. 

I would say go to at least one, it is part of the wedding planning experience.  Some people love it, my bridemaid keeps wanting to go to more.  Just be prepared for the pushing and shoving and once some of the vendors have your phone number or email address they contantly contact you.

Dress comfortably, enter every raffle you can to try to win the gifts , take the coupons but don't be pushed into signing for anything until you have investigated all of your options.  Good luck!

• Options
    I went to a local bridal expo in my town, it was quite small and not really useful to me as a bride, but it was something fun that I did with fmil. 
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    thanks for all the help and hints ladies!!
  • Options
    kinmonkinmon member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
    There is a free Bridal Expo on February 22nd in Taylor. You have to register on the website for free tickets. Giveaways including a free wedding ceremony and reception venue, $500 gift card from AAA Travel and many more grand prizes.
    Fashion show sponsored by David's Bridal
    www.youreveryheartsdesire.net
  • Options
    I've been to one and although it was very busy and a bit overwhelming it was fun and something different.. I will definately keep the one in mind in February, thanx for that :) I guess it just depends on what u like. I personally enjoyed it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards