January 2014 Weddings

Just have to share...

First, congrats for those of you getting married this weekend!!
Second - our wedding is next weekend. I spend ALL morning printing 200 ceremony programs. I folded about half....when I noticed a TYPOS. I thought i checked and double checked. OMG.

Are any of you NOT doing programs? I may not have the energy to do this again, but I have to laugh (after my moment of serious upset AH lol).
Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde

Re: Just have to share...

• I haven't printed mine yet.  I am seriously wondering if they are even necessary.
  • Im not doing programs. I don't have the budget for them. Although I don't think they will be mossed.
  • I do have programs, but I honestly didn't put much thought into them.  If I have a typo, then I have a typo.  If I print them off, I'm not printing them off again.

• So my BM, who I called about these programs, actually offered to take the file to staples and have them printed for me on nice card stock. I could not believe she offered, and I am SO SO thankful. I was going to say no, but when I realized I had so little time, I decided to take her up on the offer. 
    It's moments like these when I think "I have some amazing people in my life."

My typos were multiple. I spelled my FI brother's name wrong! I also put TWO of the girls' maiden names instead of married names. I did think about keeping it, but it felt wrong lol. 

And in hindsight, I realize this is really no biggie. I just freaked when I realized the errors lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Hey, a typo on a program is no biggie! Much rather it be on the program than the invites!

We did do programs, but it was something I typed up and created myself. Very simple and elegant, printed on ivory card stock and cut down into long, skinny rectangular sheets. The front of the program is our ceremony info and the entire backside is "The love letter to end all love letters" found within Lemony Snicket (For children, but such a FUN quote). Our table assignments are quotes about love/weddings from my favorite books, so this was a great way to tie everything together. Now that I think about it, I am pretty pumped about my programs, even if no one else is. :) 5 more days!
  • We have the same date! Jan. 11th! I love the idea of the quotations. Sounds really awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards