May 2014 Weddings

149 to go!

Yesterday officially marked the 150 days to go for me (May 17th, 2014) I felt like this was a huge milestone! The last "milestone" for me was hitting the 200 days to go and I feel like that was so long ago already. I have to say that time is really flying by planning this wedding. Little by little my checklist is getting things checked and done and it makes me feel so good! I haven't really started stressing yet, but I do have dreams sometimes that make me feel worried..like last night I had a dream that we forgot to book the caterer and remembered the morning of the wedding! I woke up in a panic all over a stupid dream lmao. HAS anyone else had this type of thing happen?

Re: 149 to go!

• I recently had a dream that my wedding was at a hotel I've never seen before. My hair was a mess, I had to do it myself, and then nobody could figure out the right order the bridal party was supposed to walk down the aisle, and people started driving their cars down the aisle!!! Whenever I have wedding dreams, it's always the things I haven't planned yet that go wrong!

P.S... I went to one of those sites that calculates the duration between two dates. According to this website, I have 135 days left until my wedding. Or 3,240  hours, 194,400 minutes, or 11,664,000 seconds!!! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klburke88 said:
    I recently had a dream that my wedding was at a hotel I've never seen before. My hair was a mess, I had to do it myself, and then nobody could figure out the right order the bridal party was supposed to walk down the aisle, and people started driving their cars down the aisle!!! Whenever I have wedding dreams, it's always the things I haven't planned yet that go wrong!

P.S... I went to one of those sites that calculates the duration between two dates. According to this website, I have 135 days left until my wedding. Or 3,240  hours, 194,400 minutes, or 11,664,000 seconds!!! LOL
    Omg, the 'hours' one makes it sound so SOON!

• Yeah I have been having more and more of these dreams. And mine are for the things we havent planned yet too! LOL. that is too funny. You know what would be fun, having one ove those timers that count down the days , minutes and seconds all the time so you can always see the clock dwindling down. I wonder if there's a app somewhere I could download one
  • okay so what i see is that the countdown ticker i made didnt work here..grrr

• okay I give up..lol
  • I just...can't believe how soon it is! I still have a ton of things to do, but they all will happen in the next 3 weeks or so.
    Anniversary
  • omg I have been having wedding dreams too!!! My FI thinks I'm nuts lol.  I keep having dreams about the wedding date being here, and all the things that still aren't planned currently aren't planned on the wedding day either.  Like my hair wasn't done, and had to do it myself like @klburke88.  I woke up late, it was 5pm and our wedding is supposed to start at 3:30, and my hair is a mess so I start curling it with my flat iron.  My mom comes in being all snarky and says there is no photographer.  She is telling me that because of that I'll have a terrible wedding.  Then I had another dream recently that it was March but we had to get married that day.  I kept trying to tell people that our wedding date wasn't until May and I still had time to plan a few things! lol.  Oh and I didn't have a photographer then either.  Guess I should get on that so I stop dreaming about it. :D
    Anniversary
  • @dluberts i have an app that does countdowns! it's called T-Zero.  it doesn't countdown the total number of hours, but the number of hours left in each day.

this is a pretty hilarious thread.  i never thought about sharing our bad dreams, but it makes me feel better that we're pretty much all having them.

in the most recent one i had, all of the chairs at the wedding were different.  it was like the mad hatter's tea party.  which isn't so much of a bad dream because i love alice in wonderland, but it wasn't the theme i was going for :)
  • Just to add to our previous discussion about weird wedding dreams... my fiance just told me he had his very first dream about our wedding! He said that in his dream, I was sitting on his lap and we were laughing about how we just got married, but we weren't really married because we forgot the marriage license! That's one of the few items I am making him entirely responsible for, so it makes sense that he's stressing about it now LOL. 

No wedding dreams for me in the past couple of weeks, but I'm sure I'll have more as the date gets closer and closer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A friend was actually telling me that a couple she knows got married and went on their honeymoon, which included a cruise and then a stay at a resort somewhere. When they got off of the cruise and had cell service again, the wife had a voicemail on her phone asking her husband to come down to City Hall because he hadn't signed the marriage license! So he spent the next four days joking with everyone on their honeymoon that it wasn't their 'real' honeymoon because they weren't actually married yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards