Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Extensions?

So, I have shoulder length hair but I know for our wedding that I want to wear it up.  We aren't getting married for a year and a half so I definitely have the time to grow my hair out if I wanted to but I know that I look better with my hair a bit shorter.  Would you just buy clip-in extensions to add some length to use for an updo or grow your own hair out since that is obviously free?  I just hate the thought of having longer hair for the whole year leading up to our wedding (not looking like I normally do) conversely I hate the thought of spending hundreds of dollars on extensions when I can grow my own hair out for free.  I hope that makes sense?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Extensions?

• @starlite21l

If you don't like having longer hair then I would go with the extensions.
  • Talk to your hair stylist first. They can do a lot with shoulder-length hair. I did grow my hair out for about a year before my wedding. I hate having long hair, but it was kind of fun to do something different. And I cut it off the day we got back from our honeymoon and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. So that helped it be less miserable.
  • If you do opt for extensions, I would go to Sally Beauty Supply.  They have inexpensive extensions or do it yourself extensions (I did these and it was super easy...youtube a video on it).
  • Awesome thanks ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards