Indiana-Indianapolis

Good places for small wedding and reception 50-80 guests?

Any suggestions? Open to anywhere in the city or surrounding areas!

Re: Good places for small wedding and reception 50-80 guests?

• I looked into places for ~80 people and found lots of options. Are you looking for indoor or outdoor? I don't know what your budget is like but the IMA and Eietljorg museums have really nice rooms for rent and the Eiteljorg has a beautiful garden outside for smaller ceremonies. The Mavris downtown is also a beautiful building. Those were all out of my budget but I found that you can get married on the canal and depending on the location they can set up a tent for privacy. We decided on the biergarten at the Rathskeller downtown. They also have rooms indoors and are very reasonably priced. You could also try the local parks if you're looking for an outdoor venue. Holliday Park and Garfield Park are both very nice, I'm sure there are others. 
  • Also, there is a bridal show coming up at the end of the month. I attended the one last fall and there were a lot of venues represented there so it might be helpful for you. 
  • Harrison Center for the Arts downtown has some spaces that might fit your size. And the coordinator there, Shannon Hinkle, is really nice. They will do all the decorating set-up/tear-down for you too. Check out the Underground room there, & Gallery 2 for the ceremony if you plan to do both at the same venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards