Wedding Woes
Options

Friiiiiiiiiday!

What's up for the weekend?  Anyone else get more snow?

FIL came over last night and poked holes in our walls and ceiling for our kitchen remodel.  There is one cold air return that will take some work, but otherwise it's good. 

There is a preschool writing workshop I'm taking 6let to today. I'm not sure how it will work, but the librarian was excited. My dad is supposed to come over tonight to bring back our camera.  Except it snowed again and I don't know if the roads will cooperate.  I want my pictures, and am kicking myself for forgetting it.

Saturday we are going to pick out cabinets.  MIL is watching the kids so DH and I can actually pay attention.  I think we've figured out all of the pull outs and add ons.  I'm excited.  Even more so because I thought this would take several weeks, but according to FIL he can have it done in 3-4 (except counter)

Sunday I have a girls day with some people from BFE.

Re: Friiiiiiiiiday!

• Options
    We got some more snow over night, but it was less than a quarter inch.  But still enough for FB to blow up with complaints about more snow.  

School is closed AGAIN today.  The sidewalks are still covered in 11+ inches of snow and neighborhood and side/country roads are still crap.  My sitter's neighborhood is AWFUL.  I'm surprised no one that lives in her neighborhood and has a plow hasn't said, "Fuck it" and plowed.  But I'm sure they're tired from plowing everywhere else, so doing their own neighborhood is the last thing they want to do. 

Anyhoo,  I'm working this weekend.  We're going to the IL's to watch the Colts game tomorrow night.  Sunday, we're going out to dinner for DH's aunt's birthday.  She's severely physically and mentally handicapped and she's turning 50.  It's surprising with all her challenges that she has a decent quality of life and her turning 50 is definitely something to celebrate.  I'm just working a couple hours on Sunday morning, so I'm hoping I can duck out to make some returns before we have to go to dinner on Sunday evening.  

I've worked every day since this past Sunday and I work every day until next Friday.  I have a 4 day weekend in 2 weeks (for my bday).  I think I'm going to book myself a spa day,  I need a mani/pedi, haircut, and a massage sounds divine.  DH and I are also booking a hotel downtown because his work party and his bday is that weekend.  I am so looking forward to it. :D 

OK /ramble 
  • Options
    Hell, it's supposed to be 35 and RAIN today.  40* by Sunday?!?!  Yes, please.

Tomorrow is DD1's first basketball game.  It's going to be very interesting because we've only had one practice and it was two weeks before xmas.  All she really knows is when she gets close to the basket, SHOOT!

No plans for Sunday yet.
  • Options
    Yay!  I'm ready for the end of this week.  I've just been slogging through it at work and need a break.

Nothing for tonight and tomorrow, thank goodness.  DH and I have some house stuff to take care of on Saturday, but it's at home things.  Sunday my first board meeting, woohoo!

• Options
    Weekend = not soon enough

Getting hairs cut on Sat with a new stylist, since I dumped my last one the last visit. It'll be interesting to hear his ideas of what to do.

I have several sewing projects in queue, may commit to my measures tonight, but some of the extra supplies while I'm out on Sat. Might also look at putting in new light fixtures in the bedrooms. One of them is not working, probably a wiring problem, but not totally certain where the wiring problem resides. Within the old fixture or in the wiring itself. I'll try the DIY first ;)

Also, I enrolled in a CS50x MOOC this past week (to DH's pedagogical dismay). I spent all my MOOC time last night generating PDFs of the course info, setting up accts, installing software, etc. hoping to at least watch one or two of the lectures this weekend.

And it's going to be awfully gorgeous outside thus weekend, so some outside time is probably going to be ordered.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Annnndddd...I just found out my dad was laid off today.  Fuck. 

Neither of them have a job now.  Shit. 

They'll work it out, but geeze...that's a punch to the gut.  :( 
  • Options
    I'm so happy its Friday, this week has been long. It's currently snowing a little and we're supposed to get a couple of cm. One of my friends is coming over tonight and I think the plan is to drink wine and bake. Tomorrow I have a wedding to attend with a solid 3-4 hour gap. Luckily the church is about 10 minutes away from our house so I think H and I are going to go home and play with furbaby. Sunday we have nothing planned until H's hockey game which is after 8.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Oh no, mrs conn!  That's awful.

I'm having a shit day.  I apparently forget to pack a part for my pump last night.  Got to work and fuuuuuuck.  Can't pump.  Looked online- the Target a few blocks doesn't have it so I have to walk to the other one a mile away (through some unshoveled sidewalks!).  Tell my (male) boss I had to go buy pump parts, thank god he's not weird about it and I'd be back in an hour.  I don't even know what I would have done if I couldn't get my part at Target, I'd probably had to take the L to a different part of town where there's a baby store.  So $40 (including a cab ride back) and 45 minutes later, I finally got to pump.

At least I have a back-up set of parts to keep at work now?

Anyway, we aren't doing to much this weekend other than a few errands and going out to dinner w/ friends on Saturday night.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards