May 2014 Weddings

alterations omg!!

2»

Re: alterations omg!!

• My dress lays flatter when bustled than the one in the picture.It's not nearly as poofy. I hope all that helped!

• @dluberts that does help, thank you! I guess I was just incredulous that a tulle train with lots of layers could be bustled...ahhhh the miracle work of a good seamstress is wonderful indeed :)
    Anniversary
  • Whatever you decide on, I will also add that with a long train and lots of fabric, a single bustle option is not a good idea, it may be cheaper but it can stress the fabric. With all that my dress has going on a single bustle pulls on the fabric causing it to stretch and could end up tearing or making a hole in it. It also made it WAY heavier. With the extra loops and buttons( I went with what davids calls an over under bustle which is what it sounds like, both an over buslte(outer layer) and an under bustle(under layers)It was much lighter and easier to manage walking around in, I wasn't tripping over myself.

• What pretty dresses everyone has. I tried on a sample gown that would cost me nearly as much to alter to my size as the dress cost. Crazy. I am glad I asked if they could find that dress in my size at another store. They did. That one little question saved me hundreds. Yes alteration prices are very shocking. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards