June 2014 Weddings

They say fools rush in

dlhernandez05dlhernandez05 member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in June 2014 Weddings

Communication is key :) all worries settled thank you

Re: They say fools rush in

• What are you overwhelmed and nervous about? Is it about the relationship or just about the wedding planning itself.  You shouldn't be stressing or freaking out, I would postpone the wedding, take more time to just be with him and enjoy the relationship without the pressure and stress of wedding planning you haven't even been together a year yet. 

Anniversary

• I vote taking a breather. You just move for this man. Obviously you love him.. but moving in with someone is a huge commitment already. You guys need to get on the same page about that before wedding planning. I vote post pone the wedding by a year, relax, enjoy living together and then go on planning.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I met my fiance in August of 2012. We started dating in December, and were engaged in June 2013. Our wedding is in June, so that's a whole year for the engagement. (We didn't do a long engagement on purpose, but we have to wait for him to finish school because right now we're living 3 states away from each other).

Anyway, even though I hadn't known him for a year when he proposed, I've never felt nervous, fearful, or overwhelmed by the thought of marrying him. And yes, people have made comments about us moving fast, and I've answered with, "When you know, you know." And I know. Absolutely, positively, no questions asked.

I'm also wondering what your fears and nervousness are related to. Are they about the wedding? the marriage? Also, is there a specific reason you're marrying in June? Maybe moving the date later would ease some of your stress if it's wedding related. But if you are having worries or fears about your upcoming marriage, then I think you might need totake a step back.

• Also, it's usually not the best idea to put both your and your fiance's real names out on a public forum (or anywhere on the internet, for that matter...)
  • Well I dont see any more harm putting a name on here when its no different than a fb page and its attached to my fb but thanks. My stress was related to the wedding, Its alot to plan alone. I cant afford a coordinator and the wedding is not big enough to really spend money on. I have never done any of this. This website has been extremely helpful. Him and I spoke and figured the stress issue out. I am excited to marry him and very happy with my relationship but a wedding is  not something I am use to planning. But thank you all for your replies I would post pone a few months atleast if i could but we do have some issues in scheduling for the next year. I will be going through a surgery and some medicine that will cause some if not alot of hair loss, and i wont have the energy. Again ladies thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards