Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Budget Wedding in NOLA

Hi, everyone! I am recently engaged so I am new to this board.

Is anyone else on a tight budget? 

If so, can you share any good deals on venues, decor, etc. that you have found? My main concern is finding an affordable venue. 

I am thinking of having a friend do my hair and makeup and also arranging my own flowers. My sister is really crafty so she is going to help me with some DIY invites and programs. 

Re: Budget Wedding in NOLA

• Options
    I think it just depends on what your budget is and how many people that you are planning to invite.  Are you looking to get married in the Quarter?  Are you open to other locations in the city?
  • Options
    I think it just depends on what your budget is and how many people that you are planning to invite.  Are you looking to get married in the Quarter?  Are you open to other locations in the city?
    I am open to other locations. I don't necessarily need to get married in the Quarter. I live in Metairie, so I am open to anywhere in the metro area.
    We plan to invite around 50-75 guests. 
    I would like to keep the budget between $5-10k. 
  • Options
    Not sure what look you are going for, but smilie's restaurant in harahan has great wedding packages. I think you can have 75 guests for under $3k (including food and drink)
  • Options
    The Rose Garden in Harahan can definitely accomodate. I loved working with them but I am going with a different venue in the city. Check into them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Here are affordable places I have found in search of an affordable reception venue and bars come in their packages

Magnolia Plantation-On Elmwood
    The Balcony-Off I-10 
    Taravella Manor-In Marrero
    La Maison Creole-Off Westbank Expressway good food!
    Musee Conti Wax museum-Beth will work with you and your budget; can use an outside Caterer but have to use their bar according to other brides I know
    There is supposed to be a new venue that is opening in place of Carrollton Place-I am not sure of the name of it but I heard there is supposed to be a new venue in that spot

Have you checked into Benachi Gardens, Elms Mansion, Magnolia Mansion, Degas House.

You could try The Wyndham Riverfront Hotel. 

There are a few other places on Elmwood-Rose Garden and Champagne Palace...they are kind of high per head though

Hope this helps...I swear there are more as I think of them I will post here. I searched everywhere from Kenner to Marrero!

• Options
    Here are affordable places I have found in search of an affordable reception venue and bars come in their packages

Magnolia Plantation-On Elmwood
    The Balcony-Off I-10 
    Taravella Manor-In Marrero
    La Maison Creole-Off Westbank Expressway good food!
    Musee Conti Wax museum-Beth will work with you and your budget; can use an outside Caterer but have to use their bar according to other brides I know
    There is supposed to be a new venue that is opening in place of Carrollton Place-I am not sure of the name of it but I heard there is supposed to be a new venue in that spot

Have you checked into Benachi Gardens, Elms Mansion, Magnolia Mansion, Degas House.

You could try The Wyndham Riverfront Hotel. 

There are a few other places on Elmwood-Rose Garden and Champagne Palace...they are kind of high per head though

Hope this helps...I swear there are more as I think of them I will post here. I searched everywhere from Kenner to Marrero!

Thanks! I looked into most of those places you mentioned. I read some really awful reviews of Benachi House so I am not even going to look into it further, though it is very affordable. 

I emailed Musee Conti and they are pretty pricey. 

I'll look into Magnolia Plantation. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Oh ok. I hadn't read much into Benachi Gardens...just knew one person that had a small reception there. But hopefully you will find luck with Magnolia Plantation!!
  • Options
    I'm having a tough time with this too! We found some affordable places but they were outside the quarter.  While the price is right, we'd have to pay for transportation, which would likely bring us up to the same price as just sucking it up and having it in the quarter.  Let me know how your search turns out! 
  • Options
    I'm a bride on a budget, and will be getting married at St. Charles Presbyterian with the reception being held at The Round Table Club on St. Charles Ave. The RTC charges a flat rate based on number of guests. My party is pretty large due to large catholic families on both sides, so we ended up paying $1000 to rent the building for the day, which when I looked around is actually less than the going rate for comparable halls that aren't even in as nice of a location.

Meade Wenzel is doing my flowers and Lara Arrowood is doing my catering. Both are great. If you need help making a checklist and getting details in order, call Claudia Kelleher, my wedding coordinator. She is a great drill sergeant, and has been invaluable in helping me get all my ducks in a row. The number I have for her is (504)866-1236

Arrowood might come at you initially with a high-ish quote, but she is very reasonable, and will work with you. Watch out for staffing, as that's where you'll end up spending the big bucks. I bought my dress at Yvonne Lafleur. The whole wedding, everything included, will cost us 10,000... but that's not really so bad considering you don't pay for a wedding all at once. There are deposits here and there, so it hurts less planning and paying over the course of a year or however long you take in planning. I've been to weddings in the Quarter and would avoid it, myself. Even on a good day, it's very dirty, full of tourists, and I've seen a silk chiffon dress get shat on by a pigeon. Avoid!

Definitely remember to book a block of rooms at a mid-price hotel for your out-of-town guests. New Orleans is a cool city, and you'll be surprised at how many out-of-towners RSVP just to come visit.
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • Options
    I have been trying to find info about the round table club! @mrshutzler I private messages you. Please help!
  • Options
    I got you that info you requested, dear! Best of luck!

• Options
    I also know a local photographer named Jason Kruppa. He is a good friend of mine, and a fantastic photographer. He is highly organized and professional. Give him a call and see if he's up for a wedding.

http://www.kruppaworks.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards