Louisiana-New Orleans

Catering & Rental Reccomendations?

First off, I'm having 100 people at my wedding and my total budget not including my dress is $10,000. I've been looking everywhere for venues and finding pretty much everything is out of my price range. I'm leaning more towards renting a place inexpensively and hiring caterers for the food/alcohol and tables. Does anyone have any recommendations of affordable priced and good quality catering/rental services? I'm at square one so anything would be helpful! Thanks!

Re: Catering & Rental Reccomendations?

• Are you looking at an outdoor or indoor venue?  What time of year?  What parts of town are you looking for?  If you can help narrow down what you're thinking, it might be easier to recommend places.
  • Catering: Laura Arrowood

Alcohol (buy it yourself and hire a bartender. We are getting one kind of red, one kind of white, two kinds of beer, and champagne for toasting): Elio's on Calhoun

Flowers: Meade Wenzel (will work with any budget, and I mean ANY)

To save money, have your wedding in the afternoon, and serve small bites buffet-style instead of having a sit-down dinner. Feeding everyone dinner is VERY EXPENSIVE and you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

invitations: minted

My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • Thanks for replying! I'm pretty flexible with details as I don't have anything very specific in mind right now. I'm open to either indoor or outdoor and in the greater New Orleans area. We are looking to get married in May.
  • If you are looking in the quarter Look at the Napoleon house to stay all inclusive ($53 pp) it includes food, booze, tables, and clean up. Also, the river view room, hotel Mazarin, house of Broel, city park pavilion of two sisters, and magnolia mansion are all surprisingly affordable. If you want to rent a place, most places in the quarter are $3000+. The Ogden museum is less than 3k but they make you buy the booze through them (fairly reasonable). If you don't mind outside the pharmacy museum is awesome, cheap, and tax deductible but you provide everything. Good luck and let us know what you decide!
  • We decided to have our reception at The Columns Hotel. They don't charge a fee to rent the ballroom - just the cost of the food and alcohol. We had already decided to cut down our guest list which helped since the ballroom only holds 70. In all with the food, an open bar, all tables chairs and dinnerware plus a complementary night's stay for the bride and groom it cost us around $5000. We're very happy with our choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards