California-Central

McGee's Catering or other affordable BBQ in Central Coast

Hi Ladies!
My fiancee and I are planning a Spring 2014 wedding. We haven't nailed down our budget exactly (my family is giving me a number on Sunday-eek!), but I anticipate roughly 20K between my parent's generous contribution and my own (about 6K).
Right now I'm in LOVE with the Dana Powers Barn. Unfortunately, it's a pricier venue, so I'm looking at ways to keep my costs down elsewhere.
For catering, has anyone used McGee's Catering out of Atascadero? I saw some great reviews, but the yelp profile on them indicated they were closed. I did get through to a message service, so their number is still good, but have yet to get a call or e-mail (it has been less than 24 hours, so I realize I'm being impatient).
Anyone heard of them, talked to them, or has met someone who used them recently? I'm very curious, as their website lists an example menu at $20/pp, and posts I've seen indicate they include flatware, plates, and glasses in that price (!!!!).
I'd also welcome your thoughts on Plemmon's Catering (quoted $25-30/pp) or Phil's Catering (quoted $4,369 for buffet for 150 people, including rentals and gratuity).
Any other input on affordable caterers is welcome. We're looking for a rustic BBQ meal served buffet style (think grilled meats, mac and cheese, side salads, garlic bread, etc).
Thank you!!!

Re: McGee's Catering or other affordable BBQ in Central Coast

• I am looking for the exact same thing. Dana Powers is a bit pricer. Would you mind sharing any of the other venues you've found? Thank you in advance!
  • Contact my finance's family - Maretti's Catering. They do the best BBQ and they are reasonable. I don't know the exact cost since we get a deal. Call Mario at 487-1530. My fiance also does bar catering as well if you need that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards