Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Should we have a shower?

My fiancé and I are having a small wedding (max of 50 people). My mom wants to give us a shower. I think it would be rude to have a shower with people who aren't going to be invited to the wedding. The wedding is going to be local but we just don't want a big wedding. Thoughts?

Re: Should we have a shower?

• Options
    It is perfectly fine to have a small shower for a small wedding. You are correct tho, it would be incredibly rude to invite anyone to the shower who is not invited to the wedding. If your mom wants to host a shower and invite only guests form the wedding guest list, it would be nice of her.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    knsears said:
    My fiancé and I are having a small wedding (max of 50 people). My mom wants to give us a shower. I think it would be rude to have a shower with people who aren't going to be invited to the wedding. The wedding is going to be local but we just don't want a big wedding. Thoughts?
    You're right, it's rude to invite people to a shower when they aren't invited to the wedding.

Your mother could host a shower with the invited guests, though.  A shower is supposed to be your closest friends and family anyway.  With a 50 person wedding, aren't most of those people invited?
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a small shower.  Just make sure your mom limits the guest list to wedding guests (although a shower is thrown by someone else in your honor, the hostess should still run some key details by you, such as guest list and date).
  • Options
    Someone may throw a shower for you, but only people invited to the wedding should be invited to the shower.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are inviting approximately 35 people to our wedding. My sister is still throwing me a shower. There will be 12 ladies there (I'm not even inviting all the women invited to the wedding). I think it's going to be great and I can't wait for it.

You are right that you shouldn't invite people who aren't invited to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards